Pale Moon - "undo close tab" bug?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Pale Moon - "undo close tab" bug?

Unread post by fatboy » 2018-07-09, 11:40

Good Day Community,

The following behaviour have been observed for both Windows and Linux builds.

The bug happens when I have been browsing for quite some time and I accidentally close a tab (the one mostly to the right), but then, when I select undo close tab, Pale Moon opens a tab to the left of the current highlighted tab instead of the tab to its right - a tab I closed a while back, as in 6 tabs open/close later.
It's hard to explain, but this is what happens. The bug's appearance is not constant, but temperamental and really random.

Kind Regards,
fatboy
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Pale Moon - "undo close tab" bug?

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-07-09, 12:45

Under Tools, when you left click and open Preferences, under the Tabs button, what you have checked since this is a good place to start info wise.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-07-09, 15:23

I'm not sure if this is related, so forgive me if I'm muddying up the waters. Sometimes after closing a few tabs, I'll go to "History >> Recently Closed Tabs" to reopen a tab I've closed, and quite often (but not always) a few of the closed tabs are missing from the list. The ones missing are always the most recently closed tabs, which sounds like the same issue the OP had, with his selecting Undo close tab option and it opening a tab he closed 6 tabs back.
Last edited by ron_1 on 2018-07-09, 15:27, edited 2 times in total.

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2018-07-09, 16:02

helloimustbegoing wrote:Sometimes after closing a few tabs, I'll go to "History >> Recently Closed Tabs" to reopen a tab I've closed, and quite often (but not always) a few of the closed tabs are missing from the list. The ones missing are always the most recently closed tabs, which sounds like the same issue the OP had, with his selecting Undo close tab option and it opening a tab he closed 6 tabs back.
I also experience this. I think this is why it opens the wrong tab, because the real previous one is not in the history>
Last edited by fatboy on 2018-07-09, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2018-07-10, 08:58

Hit this bug again just now on Windows. It's so weird? Could be due to an extension? Like Crush Those Cookies?

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-07-10, 17:10

I doubt it. I only use 3 extensions, uBlock O, Decentraleyes, and Downloads Window. Of course this is assuming our problems are related.