Citi Bank Statement Download Fails

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Condoman

Citi Bank Statement Download Fails

Unread post by Condoman » 2018-07-06, 14:26

I am running PM 27.9.3 on a Win 10 version 1803 build 17134.112 x64 machine.

I access Citi each month to download my statement PDF, review it and pay using by bill pay service.

For 3 or 4 months the ability to access the PDF download has not worked. I am able to login to my account just fine. The Citi site launches the link to the content request server, and eventually indicates it is done. No new page is ever displayed.

This morning as in the past I switch to Firefox (61.0.1 (64-bit)) and complete the download. I went back and started PM in safe mode to be sure nothing I had added caused this, it still will not load the download page.

What can I do to collect information to help resolve this issue?

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Citi Bank Statement Download Fails

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-07, 05:48

I have always been able to download Citibank PDF statements using PM 27.9.3 or any previous version of PM on a Win 7 (just did it yesterday in fact) and since you still have the problem in Safe Mode did the problem you are now having coincide with any changes to your computer including a Win 10 update (since our OS is what is different)?
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-07-07, 05:48, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-07-07, 10:14

As a test, create a new, clean Profile.
Load Citi.
See if you can download your pdf?

Condoman

Unread post by Condoman » 2018-07-07, 20:28

Thank you for the reply and that you can reach the download page without issue in PM. To clarify I click the Statements (PDF) link and the Account Statements page never loads. What I get is a message in the status area: Transferring data content22.online.citi.com. Then it changes to Done and the processing graphic just spins.

I tried my laptop this afternoon and get the same result. Same PM version and same OS version.

Next I hauled out another test desktop that has the same OS version and never had PM. It has FF and that worked fine.

I installed PM 25.0.0 and got the same failure to load page. The I tried PM 27.9.3 and got the same failure.

FYI, the test desktop is running Windows Defender while my working desktop run Avast.

Is there a way to log what is happening to that page upon loading?

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-07-07, 22:29

But did you test it with a new profile as therube suggested?

[NOTE: running PM in safe mode is not the same thing as testing in a new profile.]
Last edited by ron_1 on 2018-07-07, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-08, 04:34

Condoman wrote:.... Next I hauled out another test desktop that has the same OS version and never had PM. It has FF and that worked fine.

I installed PM 25.0.0 and got the same failure to load page. The I tried PM 27.9.3 and got the same failure.

FYI, the test desktop is running Windows Defender while my working desktop run Avast....
By installing PM "fresh" (never been installed) on your other desktop -- you would be getting a "fresh" (new) Profile -- so this suggests that creating a "new" profile on the computer with the previously installed PM would likely not help. That said, it can't hurt creating a "new" profile (which is as mentioned not the same as Safe Mode and arguably a better test) which would of course be an alternate profile you would not have to keep using if you preferred to return to your original profile you were using.

What crosses my mind considering that you have now installed a fresh PM on a computer that did not formerly have PM installed -- right? --- so then this would in fact be a "fresh" Profile and you would not have any add-ons of course on a "fresh" install -- SO I would suggest you try that computer using PM in Safe Mode as well just to cover your bases.

Another thing to try would be to only clear all Citibank cookies on any of the computers giving you the problem (steps to do this explained below, click on "Hide" button):
Click on "Citi" in address bar
Click on "Citi" in address bar
clear citi cookies p1.png (5.62 KiB) Viewed 12203 times
Click on "More Information..." button
Click on "More Information..." button
clear citi cookies p2.png (17.43 KiB) Viewed 12203 times
Click on "View Cookies" button
Click on "View Cookies" button
Select all (citibank) Cookies -- to do this click on (select) the top cookie then scroll down to bottom and hold down the "Shift" key and click on (select) the bottom cookie then all cookies will be selected then click on the "Remove Selected" button to remove ONLY Citibank cookies.
Select all (citibank) Cookies -- to do this click on (select) the top cookie then scroll down to bottom and hold down the "Shift" key and click on (select) the bottom cookie then all cookies will be selected then click on the "Remove Selected" button to remove ONLY Citibank cookies.
Also now that we know you have installed a "fresh" PM and still the problem persists does perhaps suggest it might be the connection or ISP that may be causing a problem. So with that in mind are all the computers on the same ISP and same type connection?

I'm using Avast myself as well -- and using Windows Defender doesn't make any difference in my case however -- I can still download PDF statements on the Citibank site regardless, that said your on Win10 and I'm on Win7 FWIW --- which is why I had asked if you had made any changes to the computer including a recent Win10 update. The goal here is to determine at what point the PDF statement downloads stopped working -- presumably they worked some time in the past and at some point stopped working, so with that in mind -- can you recollect any changes you may have made that coincided at the time the problem started?
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-07-08, 04:50, edited 3 times in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-07-08, 14:03

Pale Moon Rising wrote:
By installing PM "fresh" (never been installed) on your other desktop -- you would be getting a "fresh" (new) Profile -- so this suggests that creating a "new" profile on the computer with the previously installed PM would likely not help.
Ah, I missed that. You are correct, PMR. Maybe this problem could be fixed with a UA override? Just a thought.

Condoman

Unread post by Condoman » 2018-07-08, 15:57

For simplicity I am now only going to deal with the test desktop since FF works fine and PM does not.

All computers are on same ISP. If this were a problem I would think FF would fail to work. Remember it is not the actual download of the PDF but the page that shows the PDF to download. Since the page will not display you cannot select the PDF to even try a download.

On the test machine I verified FF works OK. Next I deleted all the Citi cookies and tried to load the page and it failed to load. Then I restarted in safe mode, deleted the Citi cookies and the page still fails to load.

I researched my OS updates and think this happened with Win 10 1803 on May 16, 2018. I looked at the backups and I do not have one at Win 10 1709 to install.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-08, 16:27

helloimustbegoing wrote:..... Maybe this problem could be fixed with a UA override? Just a thought.
hmm, the fresh profile should have the default UA Override for Citibank (which works) -- but perhaps worth checking out.

So Condoman - try doing the following to verify that you do have the default UA Override for the citibank website (click on "Show" button):
1) type about:config in your PM browser address bar
you will get the following:
about config.png
click on the "I promise to be careful" button pointed out then do the following:
2) type in the search bar override.citi as illustrated in the screen-shot below you should see what is circled.
Click on image to enlarge for improved readability (click the browser back-arrow to return to forum topic)
Click on image to enlarge for improved readability (click the browser back-arrow to return to forum topic)
This default UA Override works for me in Windows 7.
CORRECTION: for Win10 you should probably have this UA Override: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0 (the former was a screen-shot of my UA Override for Win7)
Please report back if you do not see what is circled in red (click on last screen-shot to enlarge image -- back-arrow to return to forum topic).

If you have the UA Override as displayed in the screen-shot you could try adding another UA Override to see if it helps you out. I do not need this using Windows 7 but since you are using Windows 10 perhaps it is worth a try.

While in about:config do the following to add a second UA Override for citibank:
1) First copy this (select, right-click and click on "Copy"): Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0 (SEE CORRECTION BELOW) so you will have this string available to paste into the second UAO prompt.
CORRECTION: (the above is for WIN7 - which I use) I think you should have the following: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
2) Right-click anywhere in the about:config page and you will get what is illustrated in the screen-shot:
add alternate UAO for citibank pic 1.png
Hover the "New" option and select "String"Type general.useragent.override.city-data.com into the first prompt and click "OK"
add alternate UAO for citibank pic 2.png
add alternate UAO for citibank pic 2.png (18.42 KiB) Viewed 12140 times
then when you get the second prompt hold down the CTRL key and then press the V key to paste the UA Override into that prompt that you previously copied and click "OK".
add alternate UAO for citibank pic 3.png
add alternate UAO for citibank pic 3.png (19.28 KiB) Viewed 12140 times
Now test saving a PDF statement to see if this helps.....

Moving on from dealing with UA Overrides....

Just to clarify are you getting/doing the following when attempting to save PDF statements:
citbank download PDF statement page.png
citibank windows download interface prompt.png
citibank browser download notification.png
... and does it display in your downloads list (as illustrated in the last screen-shot)? If at some point you are not getting what is illustrated in the screen-shots above please clarify in detail what and where it fails....

EDITED TO MAKE UA Override CORRECTION TO Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0 which is what you would have for WIN10 -- I had previously included my UA Override used for Win7.... :oops:
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-07-08, 17:06, edited 3 times in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-08, 16:49

Condoman wrote:.... I researched my OS updates and think this happened with Win 10 1803 on May 16, 2018. I looked at the backups and I do not have one at Win 10 1709 to install.
Have you done a reboot on the problematic computer?

If you're interested here are five links on how to back out of Win 10 1803 and return to the previous Win 10 1709 (many more available via browser search):

1) How To Uninstall Windows 10 version 1803.

2) How To Roll Back To Windows 10 1709 From 1803 [Guide].

3) Rolling back... How to uninstall Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018 Update).

4) How To Roll Back To Windows 10 1709 From 1803.

5) Microsoft Community discussion Q: How do I roll-back from windows 10 version 1803 to version 1709... I would try the alternate UA Override first :think: ....

Condoman

Unread post by Condoman » 2018-07-08, 17:16

Thanks for the response and concise instructions.

I have the default UA override as pictured. I verified character for character.

Added the new override as instructed. Of course I restarted PM and verified new override in place, same failure.

Finally, the page for downloads does not ever load. In FF it loads instantly, never in PM.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-08, 17:42

Condoman wrote:.... Finally, the page for downloads does not ever load. In FF it loads instantly, never in PM.
So the page never gets rendered?

... and that would be this page?:
citbank download PDF statement page.png
If not that page above but it is this Windows interface page
citibank windows download interface prompt.png
I'm presuming you DO get this successfully in Firefox -- if not then perhaps there is some issue with this function in Win10 in your case.
... here is a topic on this: Windows 10 'Save as' dialog missing This PC.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-08, 17:46

It would be nice to be able to confirm one way or the other if there is actually a problem with Citibank PDF statements using Win 10 1803 -- of course we would need another user who is using Win 10 1803 and also has an account with Citibank to test this out.... :eh: I'm afraid as a Win7 user there isn't much more I can help with this issue and besides that I'm using the unstable PM 28.0.0b3 release anyway....

You could try one more thing -- that is reset your ISP connection -- but beyond that --- it looks like your only options are to hope a Win10 1803 user that has a Citibank account can confirm this issue or not and/or absent this apparently your only other option is to rollback to the previous Win10 build....

Condoman

Unread post by Condoman » 2018-07-08, 18:08

That is correct, the Account Statements page does not render at all. It is a little different for me as I only have a credit card account and your screen shot looks to be checking.

In FF the page renders just fine. I then can successfully download my PDF.

Is there a way to turn on debugging to see what is going on in PM when it attempts to load this page? I could fall off of Win 10 1803 but what would be the point? Wouldn't we be better off trying to find why this page does not load with Win 10 1803?

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-08, 18:25

Condoman wrote:... Is there a way to turn on debugging to see what is going on in PM when it attempts to load this page? ....
I agree with you regarding a rollback -- one way or the other it should work in the Win10 release you are currently using...

You could try this --- After logging into Citibank and get to the page with the "Down load" statements quick link then remain on the page for now and from the Pale Moon button; Go to "Web Developer" > "Web Console" and then in the Web Console click on the icon at the top of the tool-bar (looks like a trash-can) that hovers with "Clear the console output". This will clear all errors so you can easily see the errors that the "Down load" link produces... Now click on the "Down Statements" quick link.... Once you get the failure then post the results you see in the Web Console (select/copy/paste to topic).

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-08, 18:36

Perhaps even better yet -- under "Web Developer" go to "Error Console" then clear the console and select "Errors" (click on the "Error" button) when you are at the page to "Download Statements" then click on the link to "Download Statements" and see what errors you get as a result....

Condoman

Unread post by Condoman » 2018-07-08, 18:47

OK, did that and results follow. In one place I removed my name and replaced with asterisks. At the end where PM can't connect to a server I stopped collecting these errors by clicking the back button, otherwise it will go on and on.

GET
XHR
https://dir.citi.com/127893/channel.js [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 212ms]
GET
XHR
https://steps.citi.com/us/navigation.js [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 148ms]
"widgetType" "STANDARD" flow.action:1069:2
"customerName" "*****" flow.action:1070:2
"entityState" "NONE" flow.action:1071:2
"DLPLinkText" "Learn More" flow.action:1072:2
"DLPOfferText" "We give credit where credit's due. Find out if we have a personalized loan offer for you." flow.action:1073:2
GET
XHR
https://steps.citi.com/us/crf [HTTP/1.1 200 Ok 35ms]
GET
XHR
https://dir.citi.com/127893/crf [HTTP/1.1 200 Ok 37ms]
"capture URL is /US/CBOL/ain/caraccdet/flow.action" tealeaf.test.3.1.0.1520.W3C.Sizzle.js:413:5
"jquery version1.7.2" navBar.js:30:3
https://steps.citi.com/us/LOInm [HTTP/1.1 200 Ok 118ms]
UnknownError check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:137:0
"ext JS_in init" .jsonp:1:73409
"ext JS_in addexternalscript" .jsonp:1:73505
"ext JS_in valid check" .jsonp:1:73872
"ext JS_in_if function" .jsonp:1:73576
"ext JS_after add" .jsonp:1:73825
"swaping content " ajax:39:41
"swaping content " ajax:129:42
">>>>>>>>>>>>>Smart Search init>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pageId: jcbol_ain_caraccdet_CardADA userRole: creditcards isLoggedIn: true language: en_US_USGCB" citilive-search.js:1:1333
https://online.citi.com/US/REST/nga/ngapostbranding.jws [HTTP/2.0 200 OK 143ms]
GET
XHR
https://online.citi.com/US/NGA/coext/CThreeKA.do [HTTP/2.0 200 OK 239ms]
https://online.citi.com/US/REST/globala ... Alerts.jws [HTTP/2.0 200 OK 119ms]
https://online.citi.com/US/REST/cardAcc ... tivity.jws [HTTP/2.0 200 OK 397ms]
https://online.citi.com/US/REST/payment ... Alerts.jws [HTTP/2.0 200 OK 147ms]
https://online.citi.com/US/REST/acctOff ... Offers.jws [HTTP/2.0 200 OK 482ms]
https://online.citi.com/US/REST/quickLi ... nkList.jws [HTTP/2.0 200 OK 295ms]
"SALT seen" cbolAccountDetailsCards.min.js:12:1343
"sendoffercall" true cbolAccountDetailsCards.min.js:12:2583
"offerNames: " "EC_P_CFIN_07163_2N*SALT*SEAP1*20*21*32*S*" cbolAccountDetailsCards.min.js:12:2728
"updateoffercall of inview executed" cbolAccountDetailsCards.min.js:12:2779
https://online.citi.com/US/REST/pending ... rtList.jws [HTTP/2.0 200 OK 82ms]
https://online.citi.com/US/REST/manageo ... status.jws [HTTP/2.0 204 No Content 130ms]
"swaping content " ajax:129:42
https://online.citi.com/US/REST/amwresource/amwajax.jws [HTTP/2.0 204 No Content 85ms]
https://steps.citi.com/us/LOInm [HTTP/1.1 200 Ok 143ms]
https://dir.citi.com/127893/LOInm [HTTP/1.1 200 Ok 44ms]
GET
XHR
https://steps.citi.com/us/crf [HTTP/1.1 200 Ok 43ms]
GET
XHR
https://dir.citi.com/127893/crf [HTTP/1.1 200 Ok 37ms]
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:63333/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
"Session Storage is available" navBar.js:1743:16
"Successfull JSON response" navBar.js:1801:20
Object { travelNotificationEnabled: "Y", offerForYouEnabled: "Y", isTYEligible: "C", isCIEligible: "Y", isIncomeInformationEligible: "Y", isSingleCardSPF: "Y", isZelleEligible: "null", isSpecialOffersEligible: "null", isAuthEmpUser: "N", btenabled: "N", 3 more… } navBar.js:2008:11
Object { travelNotificationEnabled: "Y", offerForYouEnabled: "Y", isTYEligible: "C", isCIEligible: "Y", isIncomeInformationEligible: "Y", isSingleCardSPF: "Y", isZelleEligible: "null", isSpecialOffersEligible: "null", isAuthEmpUser: "N", btenabled: "N", 3 more… } navBar.js:2008:11
Object { subMenuParentId: "paymentsandTransfers", subMenuLinksList: Array[2] } navBar.js:1926:14
Object { subMenuParentId: "services", subMenuLinksList: Array[3] } navBar.js:1926:14
Object { subMenuParentId: "rewards", subMenuLinksList: Array[3] } navBar.js:1926:14
Object { subMenuParentId: "profileSettings", subMenuLinksList: Array[2] } navBar.js:1926:14
Object { subMenuLinksList: Array[2], subMenuParentId: "topNavAccounts" } navBar.js:1926:14
"Sub Menu Template appended" navBar.js:1935:10
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5900/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5901/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5902/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5903/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:3389/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5950/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5931/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5939/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5279/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-08, 18:53

Okay here we go -- I've ran both consoles and got to the Citibank page for my checking account where the "Download Statements" quick link resides.... I then cleared both consoles and I get these results after clicking on the "Download Statements" quick link (which in your case fails to render the next interface page but works in my case) Note: it is critical to clear the consoles prior to clicking in the "Download Statements" quick link in order to only get the errors that apply to that link:

Browser console results (Note: NONE of these results causes a problem with rendering the next page that fails to render in your case -- so it's not something to be concerned about since it Citibank works for me):
about:blank : Unable to run script because scripts are blocked internally. (unknown)
TypeError: gBrowser.contentWindow is undefined[Learn More] overlay.js:40:1
TypeError: gBrowser.contentWindow is undefined[Learn More] overlay.js:431:1
about:blank : Unable to run script because scripts are blocked internally. (unknown)
widgetType STANDARD flow.action:1020:3
customerName xxxxxxx flow.action:1021:3
entityState NONE flow.action:1022:3
DLPLinkText Learn More flow.action:1023:3
DLPOfferText We give credit where credit's due. Find out if we have a personalized loan offer for you. flow.action:1024:3
jquery version1.7.2 navBar.js:30:4
TypeError: can't access dead object
Stack trace:
load_into_window@chrome://advanced-night-mode/content/process-script.js:88:1
load_into_window/<@chrome://advanced-night-mode/content/process-script.js:113:28
notify@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/timers.js:40:9
timers.js:43
ext JS_in init .jsonp:1:73410
ext JS_in addexternalscript .jsonp:1:73506
ext JS_in valid check .jsonp:1:73873
ext JS_in_if function .jsonp:1:73577
ext JS_after add .jsonp:1:73826
selectedIndex=e81f2125-4ed0-46f9-bdd0-ad9ffa38b050 flow.action:2518:3
TypeError: can't access dead object webbrowser.js:2501:1
Security Error: Content at https://online.citi.com/US/NCSC/doccent ... N=5KR3AN4S may not load or link to moz-icon://noscript?size=16&contentType=text/html.
Object { categorizedOffers: null, screenId: "jEDelivery_AccountStatements", siteId: null, somSessionID: "", statusCode: "0", statusMessage: "SOM Response Code:0:SOM Text:NO OFF…" } flow.action:2545:8
Object { categorizedOffers: null, screenId: "jEDelivery_AccountStatements", siteId: null, somSessionID: "", statusCode: "0", statusMessage: "SOM Response Code:0:SOM Text:NO OFF…" } flow.action:2549:8
>>>>>>>>>>>>>Smart Search init>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pageId: jEDelivery_AccountStatements userRole: MRC isLoggedIn: true language: en_US_USGCB citilive-search.js:1:1334
Session Storage is available navBar.js:1743:17
Successfull JSON response navBar.js:1801:21
Object { travelNotificationEnabled: "Y", offerForYouEnabled: "Y", isTYEligible: "Y", isCIEligible: "Y", isIncomeInformationEligible: "Y", isSingleCardSPF: "null", isZelleEligible: "Y", isSpecialOffersEligible: "N", isAuthEmpUser: "N", btenabled: "Y", 3 more… } navBar.js:2008:12
Object { travelNotificationEnabled: "Y", offerForYouEnabled: "Y", isTYEligible: "Y", isCIEligible: "Y", isIncomeInformationEligible: "Y", isSingleCardSPF: "null", isZelleEligible: "Y", isSpecialOffersEligible: "N", isAuthEmpUser: "N", btenabled: "Y", 3 more… } navBar.js:2008:12
Object { subMenuParentId: "paymentsandTransfers", subMenuLinksList: Array[2] } navBar.js:1926:15
Object { subMenuParentId: "services", subMenuLinksList: Array[4] } navBar.js:1926:15
Object { subMenuParentId: "rewards", subMenuLinksList: Array[3] } navBar.js:1926:15
Object { subMenuParentId: "profileSettings", subMenuLinksList: Array[2] } navBar.js:1926:15
Object { subMenuLinksList: Array[2], subMenuParentId: "topNavAccounts" } navBar.js:1926:15
Sub Menu Template appended navBar.js:1935:11
TypeError: gBrowser.contentWindow is undefined[Learn More] overlay.js:431:1
Error Console results:
Timestamp: 7/8/2018 11:42:06 AM
Error: TypeError: gBrowser.contentWindow is undefined
Source File: chrome://disconnect/content/overlay.js
Line: 431
Timestamp: 7/8/2018 11:42:10 AM
Error: about:blank : Unable to run script because scripts are blocked internally.
Timestamp: 7/8/2018 11:42:10 AM
Error: TypeError: gBrowser.contentWindow is undefined
Source File: chrome://disconnect/content/overlay.js
Line: 40

and then the last two lines repeat many times....
Once again these errors (that are directly related to the "Download Statements" link) do not impact Citibank in a way that prevents the PDF download to work (at least in my case that is) -- so are presumably errors to not be that concerned about :think: .... if you have any other type errors than the above then it may be a factor in your case.

You might want to post any errors that differ from what I posted above -- you will probably need Pale Moon support to look at these as I'm most likely not going to be able to help in evaluating and/or determining the importance of them....

EDIT: IMPORTANT -- ONLY CLICK ON THE "Download Statements" link to get your errors as that will be what is applicable to you not getting that page rendered -- any other navigation you do after that is presumably irrelevant to the rendering of that specific page that fails in our case -- so we only need the specific errors that occur after clicking on the "Download" link ONLY....
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-07-08, 19:07, edited 6 times in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-08, 19:12

Hmm, okay you are getting this repeatedly (which as you can see I am NOT):
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5900/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5901/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5902/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5903/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:3389/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5950/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5931/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5939/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0
Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1:5279/. check.js;CIS3SID=2CC0C310A42FA17A3D598A49E6CEE9E1:223:0

and on and on....

This looks to me like your problem! -- presumably testing this in FF you will NOT get this issue. :think:

Hopefully others can help out with this issue that will know more about what it means since this is clearly suggestive as far as what is the contributing factor to why you are not getting the Downloads page to render in Pale Moon. It would presumably be a connection issue with the server ;) (see I can read)....

.... question: Have you tried my previous suggestion of resetting your ISP network connection?

I have had an issue with Pale Moon in the past in which doing this solved my long-standing problem at the time.....
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-07-08, 19:32, edited 3 times in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-08, 19:23

Please do a Network Connection reset and then post back your results when clicking on the Statement Download link on the Citibank website to see if you then get the next page to render successfully (that has been failing to render up until now) AFTER doing a reset of your ISP Connection.