Citi Bank Statement Download Fails

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Condoman

Re: Citi Bank Statement Download Fails

Unread post by Condoman » 2018-07-08, 19:39

I was only capturing errors and cleared the console before I clicked the PDF link. Here's a curve ball however: In FF the same "Pale Moon can't establish a connection to the server at wss://127.0.0.1" error shows up in the console except is says Firefox instead of Pale Moon.

I think for maintaining sanity I will give up and just use FF when that credit card bill email arrives. Thanks for your help.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-08, 20:16

I really do think a Network reset of your ISP connection might very well solve the problem (FF is apparently not as stringent as PM which is not surprising at all and so in this case is allowing the connection error to pass most likely). In order to maintain better security Pale Moon probably isn't ignoring the error which better serves the user as far reducing risk on the Internet. A network reset will likely resolve this Server Connection failure that is occurring -- so if you decide to try a reset be sure and report back if this solved the problem :D.
Off-topic:
Citibank does a lot of unconventional stuff i.e. a lot of suspicious redirects that security software will often block for good reason. I've had numerous issues in this regard as far as ABE is concerned (ABE + "Applications Boundaries Enforcer") that I use for added on-line security. Citibank is notorious for breaching these boundaries at which time it necessitates an exception Rule-Set to be employed in order to allow Citibank to work properly ugh!.

At this time I have just now resolved another new recent issue with Citibank that I've been investigating (to be clear not due to the PM browser itself) that occurs as a result of a page "time out" at which time Citibank renders the annoyance of an additional reduced "about:blank" (empty) page nearly way off the screen only partly getting displayed in the bottom-lower-right-corner of the desktop that has to be maximized and closed as a result of the "time out" getting triggered (when the website logs you off due to excessive inactivity). After doing extensive testing -- what I finally narrowed the problem down to is just one of the many filters in uBlock that being specifically the "MVPS HOSTS" uBlock Filter that was causing the problem. I am now testing whether an update to the MVPS HOSTS filter will resolve the issue avoiding the necessity to disable the filter hopefully (which of course takes time for each test due to waiting on the time-out to occur).

These are just a couple of the many trials and tribulations related specifically to browser extension (not the browser itself) that Citibank causes as a result of their more unconventional methods used that can often raise security software flags unfortunately. I've been with Citibank for over 60 years most of the time of which the Internet did not even exist. :D ... So it's hard to change after all this time..... ... still waiting for that confounded time-out to occur for hopefully my final test.:lol:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Condoman

Unread post by Condoman » 2018-07-11, 18:57

Today (2018.07.11) I had a chance to reboot my modem and router. There is no change in trying to load the Citi page, it still does not render.

Thanks

TwiceLive

Unread post by TwiceLive » 2018-07-12, 00:22

My Grandson told me never to use Pale Moon for finances, but to use Firefox. He said Pale Moon is good for security but is very old and modern sites won't work.
I can see my pension in Firefox :)

These comments seem very complicated but my Grandson was right. He's a such a caring boy.

I like this forum. There are lots of clever people I can learn from.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-07-12, 03:08

Off-topic:
TwiceLive wrote:My Grandson told me never to use Pale Moon for finances
By any chance, was your grandson banned from this forum a day or two before you joined?
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-07-12, 05:20

Off-topic:
Nigaikaze wrote:
TwiceLive wrote:My Grandson told me never to use Pale Moon for finances
By any chance, was your grandson banned from this forum a day or two before you joined?
Now why would you ask something like that?

Anyway, Pale Moon does have trouble with some modern sites, but Pale Moon 28, which should be released next month, is a major update that will resolve many of these problems, and I wouldn't call it very old.

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2018-08-02, 05:13

@Condoman

Try this: about:config -> javascript.options.strict ; Change 'Value' = true --- (I.e., right-click and 'Toggle' or double-click to change the 'Value')

I'm running PM 27.9.4 in linux and had the same issues you described. Changed 'javascript.options.strict' from it's default 'false' to ' true ' and now the Citi Statements page finishes opening and I can click 'View' and/or 'Download' to view/download my Citi credit card statements.

Read this thread, unrelated to Citibank, for some additional info regarding 'javascript.options.strict' ==> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19804

Condoman

Unread post by Condoman » 2018-08-05, 16:43

@martywd:

Bingo. That change solved the issue. Thank you.