Facebook issues resolving

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Facebook issues resolving

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-06-23, 12:30

All the Facebook issues seem to be resolving, as changes are slowly rolled out by the FB team to address broken functionality since their changes earlier in the week.
Please be patient as some changes may still need to reach your edge of the FB server cloud at this point.

To keep things cleaner I'll also be merging the many FB threads that were opened. Please people, next time if there's a pressing issue with a certain web service, try to find already existing threads for the same issue before opening new topics? It really doesn't make things get more attention spawning new threads (quite the opposite), and it's better to keep all discussion in one place.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Facebook issues resolving

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2018-06-23, 12:57

Facebook working properly now.

I know this was never a PM problem. I just waited until they(FB) resolved the issues rather than use another browser.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-06-23, 14:04

The problem is that they might just as well not have fixed it -- and future interruptions are just as possible, of course.

People addicted to social media will not have waited 4 days.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

VinceNooch

Unread post by VinceNooch » 2018-07-02, 14:21

I had the emoji problem get fixed and some of the gifs play now, but I can't videos to play at all. Instead of playing in the feed, they open a new page and still won't play. I've tried everything I've found so far (changed my FB config in about:config, changed my compatibility, created a new profile with no extensions). Nothing seems to work, can anybody else play videos in their feeds? The video problems aren't just FB specific. They don't run in Instagram either. They do play in FF.

Oh, it might help if I told you what version of PM I was running huh. 27.9.3 (64-bit)
Last edited by VinceNooch on 2018-07-02, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-07-02, 15:17

Videos play fine here (PM 28.0.0b2 2018-01-07). I've already set dom.IntersectionObserver.enabled to false, as mentioned here.

VinceNooch

Unread post by VinceNooch » 2018-07-02, 15:24

I checked HEVC, knowing I had already uninstalled it months ago, but it was re-installed. Once I uninstalled it, everything went back to working again. Damn company OS updates.