Facebook features stopped working (META)

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
konstantx
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: Facebook messenger not working

Unread post by konstantx » 2018-06-21, 18:03

I have updated my windows 8.1 to windows 10, and reinstalled Pale Moon, and restore my profile using pmbackup, after all this facebook messenger start working fine.
Attachments
4444.PNG

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-06-21, 18:10

konstantx wrote:I have updated my windows 8.1 to windows 10, and reinstalled Pale Moon, and restore my profile using pmbackup, after all this facebook messenger start working fine.
It's good it now works but what you did had nothing to do with it. It all comes from Facebook randomly changing stuff.

vsrawat

Unread post by vsrawat » 2018-06-21, 19:29

Ozzed wrote:I can confirm that I previously had the problem, but now I do not have the problem. I changed nothing at all to resolve it so.. No idea what's going on but yay it works! :D
(on a lighter note) Which God did you pray to? :-)

vsrawat

Unread post by vsrawat » 2018-06-21, 19:31

konstantx wrote:I have updated my windows 8.1 to windows 10, and reinstalled Pale Moon, and restore my profile using pmbackup, after all this facebook messenger start working fine.
seems that the timing of your updation and reinstalation concided with when fb corrected their code. :-)

Corrine
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Corrine » 2018-06-21, 19:34

vsrawat wrote: (on a lighter note) Which God did you pray to? :-)
(Continuing the lighter note)

At this site there is only one . . . although he may be pale, of course it had to be the "child of the moon". :D

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Kyanite

Unread post by Kyanite » 2018-06-21, 20:20

Finally...it's back!

DJboutit
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by DJboutit » 2018-06-21, 20:33

I still see the problems I am using Windows 7 and the newest version of Pale Moon x86

Were_Wolf_Yankovik

Unread post by Were_Wolf_Yankovik » 2018-06-21, 22:22

One more cry in the wilderness with the same problem as everyone else.
Pale Moon 27.9.3. Windows 7 63-bit.
Facebook Messenger and many other Facebook features are broken.
I tried the "unstable" version of Pale Moon 28, but it killed many of my essential plugins.
I have other browsers installed, none of which have a problem with Facebook at all.
However, Pale Moon is the browser upon which I had settled for dedicated Facebook use. It's perfect for that. How oddly, specifically inconvenient that Pale Moon is the only browser affected by Facebook's under-the-hood change. What's so different about Pale Moon that would cause this? Has a Pale Moon developer somehow incurred Facebook's wrath to the point at which Facebook would tweak Pale Moon into Facebooklessness?
My life is normally extremely calm and serene, with nary a bump of any kind, so this is catastrophic for me. It's like the fires of hell up in here. You know that Hieronymus Bosch triptych, The Garden of Earthly Delights? This is like that.

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2018-06-21, 22:41

As most others have noticed, I too am no longer suffering these problems. Seems they've shifted the A/B testing around, or maybe (fat chance) they took my bug report seriously.

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2018-06-21, 22:49

Anyone still getting issues with this, please try again in the next day or so, FB seems to be rolling out/finalising their security issues on a server by server basis - have a little more patience please.

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2018-06-21, 23:18

satrow wrote:Anyone still getting issues with this, please try again in the next day or so, FB seems to be rolling out/finalising their security issues on a server by server basis - have a little more patience please.
Seems to me that this advice should be a sticky somehow.

Paypal and FB have both done lots of changes recently and this has resulted in loads of threads, loads of posts moaning about it.

I was affected by both, and in each case I found workrounds and waited patiently.

I read the reddit FF sub and there are regularly posts there saying: FF doesn't work in vital site X.

And, well, the appropriate answer in all cases is simply to find a workround and wait until it does.

I've only been using PM for a year, but have yet to encounter a site breakage that wasn't the fault of the site.

mudcake

Unread post by mudcake » 2018-06-21, 23:25

Looks like fartbook working as it should......which isn't saying much.

therock247uk

Unread post by therock247uk » 2018-06-21, 23:55

Working again here facebook and messenger.
Last edited by therock247uk on 2018-06-21, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2018-06-22, 00:14

doofy wrote: Seems to me that this advice should be a sticky somehow.

<SNIP>

I've only been using PM for a year, but have yet to encounter a site breakage that wasn't the fault of the site.
Yup, we'd have done that had FB informed us that they would be messing around this week ;)

Site breakages caused by Pale Moon are very rare, mostly, as you've recounted, it's the site that's at fault, them using 'standards' that aren't etc.

Basically, any odd site change, sit back for 24-48 hours (longer for Yahoo!) and then complain to the site if you're sure nothing's changed on your side. Of course, it would help enormously if sites provided a warning of possible bugs while they fix their site - but they're perfect, it wouldn't 'do' to admit they're not, would it?!

tager48a

Re: Facebook Chat stopped working

Unread post by tager48a » 2018-06-22, 07:14

Facebook chat started working again late the 21st. Don't know about the rest of the issues tho.

tager48a

Facebook chat working again

Unread post by tager48a » 2018-06-22, 07:16

Facebook chat started working about an hour ago for me. Those with facebook issues should see if they are back to working order.

DJboutit
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by DJboutit » 2018-06-22, 19:33

Facebook is working again for me