Facebook Page fields missing in Palemoon, but not Firefox

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
RaCerX_42

Facebook Page fields missing in Palemoon, but not Firefox

Unread post by RaCerX_42 » 2018-06-20, 21:39

Besides my personal FB page, I run two official pages, one for an author, and one for a fictional character. My personal page comes up normal on the screen, but the product/fun pages come up missing the cover photos and the fields for making new posts and/or adding photos. This happened a week ago, and I contacted FB help. They never got back to me with any official message, but within 2 days the pages were running normal, so I assumed they'd looked into it. However, yesterday it happened again. I'm unable to see the cover photos or make new posts. I decided to make a test & control group, and tried logging in with Firefox. To my surprise, everything works perfectly with Firefox. So, what I thought was a FB issue may be a Palemoon issue. I can send screen shots if I'm told where to send them. Otherwise, I'll wait for the issue to hopefully correct itself again in a day or two -- or perhaps when the next new PM version drops..?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Facebook Page fields missing in Palemoon, but not Firefox

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-06-20, 23:00

We are aware that some Facebook functions have stopped working properly for some people with a recent update they did. It's currently not yet known exactly what was done to cause compatibility issues with us, but we are looking into it. As a temporary workaround, you can use the Basilisk browser (also published by us) or the unstable channel version of Pale Moon for your Facebook needs.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-06-20, 23:32

RaCerX_42 wrote:... I'll wait for the issue to hopefully correct itself again in a day or two -- or perhaps when the next new PM version drops..?
If it works in Firefox, it most likely works in Pale Moon 28. I don't use Facebook, but I hope your problem is resolved one way or another. :)

DJboutit
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by DJboutit » 2018-06-21, 19:54

I am having to the same problems here

Messanger will not work at all
Some the sub pages I have created I do not see the place where I can create a new post
Notifications is not working either
Last edited by DJboutit on 2018-06-21, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.