this connection is untrusted

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
partha

this connection is untrusted

Unread post by partha » 2018-06-19, 03:18

when opening pale moon all websites including gmail are showing this connection is un trusted.What to do?

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: this connection is untrusted

Unread post by therube » 2018-06-19, 09:50

Most likely it's your antivirus injecting itself into the https: stream.
What A/V are you using?

"This Connection is Untrusted" error message

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-06-19, 12:45

As mentioned above -- it is likely security software on your computer causing this (especially if the issue is rampant)...

Beyond that, you might read over this topic: Secure connection errors? **READ THIS FIRST!**
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

illiad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by illiad » 2018-06-20, 11:19

yes, yes, blame the administrator for not allowing it (even GOOGLE was thought to have 'unrecognized' cert!),
BUT!!! why does my old FF53.2 let *everything* through??? :shock: :P

(when I test FF, i have to go and make a cup :coffee: , by which time it has *eventually* :zzz: cranked itself into motion... :roll: )

It is not possible 'just switch off' the AV when it is managed by the central server on the work domain.. :problem: :sick:

I saw a while back that FF can use the 'windows repository' to authenticate everything, and found an about:config setting
to enable this (no need for admin, it just uses the windows info used by IE! ) it worked great in PM 25 :)

Unfortunately this detail was lost in a some odd crash/ blunder while loading an upgrade.. :roll: :roll: :o

could your addon 'Integrated Authentication for SeaMonkey and Pale Moon ' help? there is almost NO documentation ,
have I missed it somewhere??? Work is using Windows Server 2012, to Handle win 7 PCs..
VM 300Mbs in london england :lol: :coffee: on Intel Core I7 3GHz on Gigabyte X58a.
PM 32.4.1(64bit) on win7(64bit) sp1 - does ytoobe better than FF!! 8-) :lol: :P
Got 24Gig, Nvidia GTX 1060 :D dont need 4k - not rich, not gamer, newer GPUs only for $$$ peeps
:eh: useragentstring(com) :problem: FF 115.3.1 :angel: :P