Gumtree cannot scroll through pictures

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
thebaz

Gumtree cannot scroll through pictures

Unread post by thebaz » 2018-06-18, 11:34

I am having trouble on some sites, especially Gumtree and Australia post where most of the site responds as expected, but when you go to another page, like on Gumtree where you click to view the photos, The main photo comes up and all the thumbnails, but you can't select any of the photos except the one that originally loaded. Australia post shows all items I am tracking and when I go to select one, I get a blank page.
Everything works fine in other browsers. I have tried user agent override, but that seems to make no difference on those sites.
Any suggestions?

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Gumtree cannot scroll through pictures

Unread post by therube » 2018-06-18, 11:42

> trouble on some sites

URLs?

thebaz

Unread post by thebaz » 2018-06-18, 12:34

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaford ... 1180738056
When I click on the photo, I cannot select any of the thumbnails or scroll at all

Australia post site
https://auspost.com.au/mypost/auth/#/lo ... %23%2Fhome

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2018-06-18, 14:14

thebaz wrote:https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaford ... 1180738056
When I click on the photo, I cannot select any of the thumbnails or scroll at all

Australia post site
https://auspost.com.au/mypost/auth/#/lo ... %23%2Fhome
Confirm on the Gumtree site. Scrolling on the home page doesn't work either. And when I go back to the home page clicking on the picture doesn't work anymore.

Don't have an account for Auspost so I can't test anything there.
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.2 x64

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-06-18, 16:35

Does not work in FF 38, so not likely to ever work in PM 27.x.

Without testing, it should work in PM 28.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-06-18, 16:39

Any suggestions?
Yes.
There should be a sticky that PM 27.x simply will not work on various sites, & there is nothing to be done except wait for PM 28 & use a different browser, be it PM 28 (alpha) or some other, for those particular sites for the time being.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-06-18, 17:44

That site seems to work for me.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-06-18, 19:23

The main page on Gumtree works for me. I can scroll on down the page and click on any of the thumbnails showing the cars and the the thumbnails of the cars enlarge.

I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 27.9.3 running in 64 bit linux Mint 18.3 (Sylvia) Xfce. The only extensions I have are NoSquint and Adblock Latitude (enabled). Linux Flash 30.0.0.113 is enabled too.

I don't have any account with Auspost so can't check that.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

thebaz

Unread post by thebaz » 2018-06-18, 21:50

therube wrote:
Any suggestions?
Yes.
There should be a sticky that PM 27.x simply will not work on various sites, & there is nothing to be done except wait for PM 28 & use a different browser, be it PM 28 (alpha) or some other, for those particular sites for the time being.
That at least clarifies that it is not something I can fix easily, so I will wait for the updates and hope it is resolved.

Thanks

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-06-19, 10:12

Night Wing wrote:The main page on Gumtree works for me. I can scroll on down the page and click on any of the thumbnails showing the cars and the the thumbnails of the cars enlarge.
You have the wrong picture.

You want the first picture, "2006 Ford Falcon".
It shows 1/16.

Click that.
A "picture viewer" fills the screen.
Left & right arrows & thumbnails below - none of which work in PM 27.

(I saw, "2006 Ford Falcon" & I'm like, just what country am I in ;-). Don't get that here in the US.)

thebaz

Unread post by thebaz » 2018-06-19, 12:23

therube wrote: (I saw, "2006 Ford Falcon" & I'm like, just what country am I in ;-). Don't get that here in the US.)
Back in the day when we made cars here.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-06-19, 12:41

therube wrote:
Night Wing wrote:The main page on Gumtree works for me. I can scroll on down the page and click on any of the thumbnails showing the cars and the the thumbnails of the cars enlarge.
You have the wrong picture.

You want the first picture, "2006 Ford Falcon".
It shows 1/16.

Click that.
A "picture viewer" fills the screen.
Left & right arrows & thumbnails below - none of which work in PM 27.
Ah. Now I see what you mean. They don't work for me either in linux Pale Moom 27.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-06-19, 12:55

Everything on the page works (Left & right arrows & thumbnails below) using Pale Moon 28.0.0a4. :thumbup:

Confirms the following:
therube wrote:.... there is nothing to be done except wait for PM 28 & use a different browser, be it PM 28 (alpha) or some other, for those particular sites for the time being.
In another topic Moonchild wrote:You may also find that the next milestone will avoid some of this with its improved rendering engine that solves a number of layering bottlenecks. Give it a try with the unstable :)
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-06-19, 13:16, edited 3 times in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising