[Solved] "waiting for interceptedby.admuncher.com"

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
darkrats

[Solved] "waiting for interceptedby.admuncher.com"

Unread post by darkrats » 2013-01-21, 21:10

I use Ad Muncher along side my browsers.

I just started using Pale Moon and I've noticed that when first starting Pale Moon for a session, there is a long wait (sometimes as long as 30 seconds or more) before loading the page. In the status bar are the words "waiting for interceptedby.admuncher.com", and then the page loads. All subsequent pages load fine. Even if I close Pale Moon for a while, the wait period is not repeated. Only if I've not used Pale Moon for a while, does the browser go through this strange waiting period. This doesn't happen with Firefox or other browsers. Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it? Is the problem with PM or with AM? Thanks.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2013-02-01, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked Solved

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: "waiting for interceptedby.admuncher.com"

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-01-21, 21:32

You might want to read the other thread about admuncher at http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php ... 844#p10648 -- this is a problem with admuncher.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

darkrats

Unread post by darkrats » 2013-01-24, 18:47

I'm still puzzled by this problem.

As I understand the related posts, the problem is with Ad Muncher and not with Pale Moon. But, Ad Muncher works fine with every other browser that I've used, including Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome.
Since this is the case, I have to figure that either Ad Muncher is coded not to work with Pale Moon (and only Pale Moon), or whatever code allows Firefox to work with Ad Muncher has been removed from Pale Moon.

Any thoughts on whether Pale Moon can be tweaked to work with ad Muncher or whether a future version of Pale Moon can be coded to work with Ad Muncher?

darkrats

Unread post by darkrats » 2013-01-31, 23:28

It must have been a problem with Pale Moon because with the release of 15.4.1 everything works.
To confirm this I even swapped out 15.4.1 for the previous 15.4 and the problem was there again.
So, whatever the designers did, it fixed it. Thanks!