moving bookmarks and folders of bookmarks to the bookmarks toolbar

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
floatingkeyboards

moving bookmarks and folders of bookmarks to the bookmarks toolbar

Unread post by floatingkeyboards » 2018-05-23, 04:58

I would like to move a bunch of bookmarks and folders of bookmarks to the bookmarks toolbar. Note that I already have these bookmarks in pale moon (in other words, I am not attempting to move from one browser to another, I simply want to rearrange the bookmarks that I have). I can't figure out how to do this aside from dragging bookmarks one by one.

Windows 10
Version: 27.9.2 (64-bit)

Frasier
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: moving bookmarks and folders of bookmarks to the bookmarks toolbar

Unread post by Frasier » 2018-05-23, 06:27

From the "Organize Bookmarks"/"Library" dialogue window, select the bookmark(s) and folder(s) you want to move by holding down the [ Ctrl ] key as you select each bookmark or folder. At the top of the window is the "Organize" pull down menu. Select the "Move" option and then select the "Bookmarks Toolbar" folder, then click the "OK" button. Or you can just drag the ones you've highlighted/selected as a group to the "Bookmarks Toolbar" folder.

floatingkeyboards

Unread post by floatingkeyboards » 2018-05-24, 04:54

The issue that I am having is that everything that I want to move is actually already in a folder. In other words, there was a folder and in that folder were folders that I want to move and bookmarks that I want to move. Holding down control was not working, for this reason.

Frasier
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Frasier » 2018-05-24, 05:51

How deeply nested are these folders?

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-05-24, 19:04

Dragging and dropping from the bookmarks manager window to the bookmarks toolbar works fine, for both bookmarks and folders.

floatingkeyboards

Unread post by floatingkeyboards » 2018-06-19, 04:16

Thanks, guys.
When you are in organize bookmarks, I didn't realize that you have to have all of the bookmarks and folders of bookmarks showing in the right hand pane. From there you can select multiple of them (by holding down shift) and then drag them to where they are needed.

Frasier
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Frasier » 2018-06-19, 04:35

Glad you've figured it out.
Off-topic:
Had me scratching my head(normal for me).

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-06-19, 19:47

You can put the whole works into the bookmarks toolbar with the Bookmarks button in the customize window. Just drag it to the bookmarks toolbar.