Some sites have no access

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
thebaz

Some sites have no access

Unread post by thebaz » 2018-05-22, 23:37

Hi,
i have been battling this for days now and have spent far too much time trying to resolve it myself.
I was getting the "access denied" reply to some sites that worked fine on other browsers. I have applied the work around that was mentioned in a post here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18402&p=135375#p135375

That worked for the site I could not access, but I am now getting "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." for some links on ebay and as soon as I get one thing to work another does not work.
The links work fine in other browsers and I have not had problems with Pale Moon previously other than I constantly get update notifications but Pale moon will not update itself once the update is downloaded unless I manually install it which I have done recently. Pale Moon will download and install the updates on my laptop with no problems. i am running win7 32 Core Duo quad core 8gb ram

Any help would be appreciated as I do not want to go back to Firefox.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Some sites have no access

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-22, 23:46

For the "connection reset while the page is loading", please read the "Secure connection errors? read this first!" post on the forum.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

thebaz

Unread post by thebaz » 2018-05-22, 23:47

One thing I just noticed is that I cannot access "My Ebay" from ebay itself where the address is "my.ebay.com.au" but can access it fine from a bookmark where the address is "https://www.ebay.com.au/myb/Summary"
I cannot view members feedback, but I can get pages to load from history where I have previously viewed feedback.
I have tried removing cookies, not accepting third party cookies, clearing cache, adding pale Moon to Windows firewall, nthing makes any difference so far that I have tired or the problem returns.
Hope that information helps.

thebaz

Unread post by thebaz » 2018-05-23, 00:05

Moonchild wrote:For the "connection reset while the page is loading", please read the "Secure connection errors? read this first!" post on the forum.
Hi, Thanks for the reply.
I noticed that that post is nearly two years old and I have been running Pale Moon for sometime now without issue, why would this have just started to happen now?

Cheers

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-05-23, 08:13

thebaz wrote:I noticed that that post is nearly two years old and I have been running Pale Moon for sometime now without issue, why would this have just started to happen now?

The information in that FAQ is not stale.
thebaz wrote:I cannot access "My Ebay" from ebay itself where the address is "my.ebay.com.au"

I have no trouble accessing "my ebay" using ebay.com's own page link (I'm not in Australia).
(PM 27.9.2, Win 7 x86)

thebaz

Unread post by thebaz » 2018-05-23, 15:40

Seems to be working now after I tried a system restore that failed and when I repaired it, everything worked Ok with no more "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."
errors.
Not sure how or why, but glad it is fixed.