Save History separate from Bookmarks?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
1210_bex
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Save History separate from Bookmarks?

Unread post by 1210_bex » 2018-06-14, 00:04

_yuyu_ wrote:If someone is still interested in the subject: just found out that FEBE addon (listed on PM addons site) is able to backup/restore history separately. Have not tried to restore yet however
Since I started this thread, I added FEBE 10.2, as listed on the Pale Moon site. But I have not tried to backup bookmarks and history separately. Since you have already done the backup separately , let us know if the restore feature works correctly for both of them.

Harry

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-06-15, 23:13

Maybe I was not clear enough. Suppose you want the history from computer #1 to go into computer #2, but want separate bookmarks. First backup bookmarks for #2 to the desktop or some other place that is handy. Place a copy of places.sqlite from computer #1's profile into #2's profile, then restore the saved bookmarks from #2. You would then have #1's history in #2, but still have separate bookmarks. No extra extensions would be needed.

1210_bex
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by 1210_bex » 2018-06-16, 04:12

Goodydino wrote:Maybe I was not clear enough. Suppose you want the history from computer #1 to go into computer #2, but want separate bookmarks. First backup bookmarks for #2 to the desktop or some other place that is handy. Place a copy of places.sqlite from computer #1's profile into #2's profile, then restore the saved bookmarks from #2. You would then have #1's history in #2, but still have separate bookmarks. No extra extensions would be needed.
Now I understand how you accomplish the task. Thanks for the clarification.

Harry