Extensions Issue Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Quiller99

Extensions Issue

Unread post by Quiller99 » 2018-05-19, 14:37

Suddenly, the only extensions I can access are the ones on the Pale Moon extensions page. In other words, it isn't looking for Firefox extensions. This has never happened before. Suggestions?

Thanks

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Extensions Issue

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2018-05-19, 14:47

And you are correct, FF extentions are no longer available on our own add-on/extentions page.

Search is your friend!!

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19142&p=141375&hilit=add+ons#p141375
Last edited by rabnbeinn on 2018-05-19, 14:53, edited 2 times in total.

Quiller99

Unread post by Quiller99 » 2018-05-19, 17:13

Wait, are you telling me that it's no longer possible to use Firefox extensions with Pale Moon? When did this happen and why? I must have been out to lunch!

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-05-19, 17:21

You need to switch AMO to classic desktop mode to be able to install add-ons directly from there. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "View classic desktop site" or install Moon Tester Tool, which does it automatically.
Last edited by JustOff on 2018-05-19, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-05-19, 17:56

Quiller99 wrote:Wait, are you telling me that it's no longer possible to use Firefox extensions with Pale Moon? When did this happen and why? I must have been out to lunch!
No, you can still use "legacy" Firefox extensions with Pale Moon, the same as always... But now that Mozilla only supports WebExtensions, the extensions that work with Pale Moon may get harder to find, and they are likely to remove them from addons.mozilla.org entirely, so to prevent confusion, the Pale Moon Add-ons Team decided to stop connecting to AMO from the add-ons manager, etc. You can read the announcement here.