Pale Moon is slow despite good PC specs ... Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
TwiceLive

Re: Pale Moon is slow despite good PC specs ...

Unread post by TwiceLive » 2018-07-30, 00:26

Moonchild wrote:In addition there's several auto-playing videos when scrolled into view. All of this will continue to tax the browser even if you switch tabs.
Why does your browser autoplay adverts?
That's just beyond silly.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-07-30, 07:41

TwiceLive wrote:
Moonchild wrote:In addition there's several auto-playing videos when scrolled into view. All of this will continue to tax the browser even if you switch tabs.
That's not what I said.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

TwiceLive

Unread post by TwiceLive » 2018-07-31, 02:40

Moonchild wrote:
TwiceLive wrote:
That's not what I said.
You said there are "several auto-playing videos when scrolled into view".
Even if these aren't adverts, why is the browser auto-playing them? That's silly.
Please explain in simple terms what you meant to say, because it's not clear to me. Does anyone else understand?

Toaster

Unread post by Toaster » 2018-08-06, 19:17

Hi there,

i have the same problem with the goole news site. Google did some changes some weeks/moths(?) ago. I think it has something to do with scripts & fonts.

palemoon default (naked, no addons - same goes for portable - no matter if x32 or x64) takes very long and seems to have problems loading fonts in the left category bar. After many seconds it shows up correctly but loading a new category also takes more time than it should. MS Edge has no such problem with goolge news.

disallowed google.com scripts shows the main content instantly, but the left category bar is missing.

allowed google.com scripts AND blocked loading external fonts (with ublock origin) results the same as disallowed google.com scripts. It loads fast, but left category bar is missing.

Using the addon FontFinder on google news and trying to select "Replace font (entire DOM)" or "Disable font "(entire DOM)" will makes palemoon freeze on google news site.

In that case, after many seconds a popup asks me if i would like to run, debug or end a script.

If someone is interested in more detailed debug infos i could upload all the chinese code stuff as textfile. But its a lot and i don't know whats relevant and what know.

Win10 x64 (german) + latest updates
Pale Moon 27.9.4 x64
AMD APU A10-6700 4x ~3,7GHz (from ~ 2012)
16GB RAM
Samsung 850 Pro SSD
Nvidia 750Ti
50 MBit/s DSL wired connection

Toaster

Unread post by Toaster » 2018-08-07, 16:58

I would like to correct myself (editing my previous comment isn't possible anymore).

MS Edge seems to load the site very similiar (same font desaster on the left caregory bar), but much faster. Pretty sure, Google did some very stupid sh.. .

I still like pale moon & will use it as my main browser.

But google news got worse and worse. Have to look for some alternatives.

Lets hope such wierd/slow javacscript-google-code will not become mainstrain.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-08-07, 19:26

(news.google.com mentioned here: google news always locks up my browser.)

Toaster

Unread post by Toaster » 2018-08-07, 20:27

thx

but it makes no difference

(same behavior as before)
Last edited by Toaster on 2018-08-07, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.