I really like the PM but in the test question of Streaming to dial 0/5?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Aster_Kah

I really like the PM but in the test question of Streaming to dial 0/5?

Unread post by Aster_Kah » 2018-04-17, 22:18

https://html5test.com/index.html

Your browser scores 395 out of 555 points...

Any chance that at least this question will be improved in future versions?

I know the focus is security, maasssss ....

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: I really like the PM but in the test question of Streaming to dial 0/5?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-04-17, 23:17

www.palemoon.org wrote:It aims to provide close adherence to official web standards and specifications in its implementation (with minimal compromise), and purposefully excludes a number of features to strike a balance between general use, performance, and technical advancements on the Web.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Aster_Kah

Unread post by Aster_Kah » 2018-04-18, 12:02

Good, but this also ends up excluding the PM from some interesting features and I even had to download another browser to use for example Netflix. And taking advantage of how the WebExtensions are, will they be implemented someday?

But overall nice, grateful.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-04-18, 13:37

Aster_Kah wrote:And taking advantage of how the WebExtensions are, will they be implemented someday?
http://www.palemoon.org/roadmap.shtml
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-04-18, 14:40

Aster_Kah wrote:Good, but this also ends up excluding the PM from some interesting features and I even had to download another browser to use for example Netflix. And taking advantage of how the WebExtensions are, will they be implemented someday?

But overall nice, grateful.
Well... i would not consider DRM an interesting feature. It just locks things away from the user control. In the very best of all possible cases, that matter is debatable. Anyway...
WebExtensions
We will not be supporting WebExtensions of any kind in Pale Moon. Our current extension technologies provide all the features, functionality and above all API access for any extension to do anything it has to, including the limited subset that is offered by WebExtensions.
As that quote here says, WebExtensions are rather limited in what they can do. If you want to use WebExtensions, you should better switch over to Basilisk - also from the Pale Moon developer team - which has - experimental - WebExtension support. Means, some WebExtensions can run, but there is no guarantee - Mozilla makes constantly changes to the Google technology they have implemented, and so it depends if someone is willing to bring that changes over to Basilisk for future compatibility.

Just saying.. Patches are welcome ;)

https://www.basilisk-browser.org/
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-04-18, 14:47, edited 2 times in total.

Aster_Kah

Unread post by Aster_Kah » 2018-04-18, 23:37

Thanx all for explanations.

I use the PM since http://idgnow.com.br/internet/2011/08/2 ... ais-veloz/, I remember reading this news and months later I started to test it ... Already at the beginning of March (2012) of the following year and yes what I like the most is the motto and until now I continue using because of that and I was really excited when Pale Moon Commander was released. But we always believe that it can be improved further, and this is my questioning.

Well that's the way I use it print: Image

I'm looking forward to putting the address bar along with the tabs

Thanx!
Last edited by Aster_Kah on 2018-04-18, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.