Streaming not working on this site

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Streaming not working on this site

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-04-17, 17:34

On https://nationalzoo.si.edu/webcams/panda-cam I am not seeing any motion on their webcams, but I do get motion with SeaMonkey. Why not with Pale Moon?

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Streaming not working on this site

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-04-17, 17:47

works just fine here..lovely creatures panda bears.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

laozi

Unread post by laozi » 2018-04-17, 18:31

Moonraker wrote:works just fine here..lovely creatures panda bears.
+1 :thumbup:

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-04-17, 18:43

I just tried it with media autoplay enabled. It works that way. I did not have to do that with SeaMonkey. How does that happen?

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-04-18, 05:13

Works great for me.

In regards to the pref media.autoplay.enabled -- "true" is the default value (which is what I have) for this pref --- so you must have changed this value to "false" at some point.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-04-18, 05:25

Tried setting media.autoplay.enabled to "false" and the video still played without any problems. So it plays for me with either the default "true" or non-default "false" for this pref.

Keep in mind that this is a LIVE video of a Panda confinement so if the Panda is out of view of the CAM then you will not see any activity.

I've observed several times when you will not see the Panda (since it is out of the picture) so nothing is observed to be moving of course -- but eventually the Panda will reappear when once again moves into an area within the view of the CAM. Viewing it now and the Panda is fast asleep....

Note: using Pale Moon 27.9.0.

You might try this site using Pale Moon in "safe mode" to determine if an add-on might be interfering....
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-04-18, 05:29, edited 2 times in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-04-18, 18:45

It does not matter. If I toggle media autoplay to be enabled (and I have an add-on that gives me a button), then I can see the pandas move.