Streaming not working on this site

Users and developers helping users with technical Pale Moon issues (Windows and other non-Linux O.S.). Please direct questions about the Linux version to the appropriate Linux board.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Forum rules
This board is for technical/usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only. The main focus here is on Pale Moon on Windows. Please direct your questions for Linux, Android and Mac to the dedicated boards.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in "technical chat"
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Goodydino
Lunatic
Lunatic

Streaming not working on this site

Unread postby Goodydino » Tue, 17 Apr 2018, 17:34

On https://nationalzoo.si.edu/webcams/panda-cam I am not seeing any motion on their webcams, but I do get motion with SeaMonkey. Why not with Pale Moon?

Moonraker
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Streaming not working on this site

Unread postby Moonraker » Tue, 17 Apr 2018, 17:47

works just fine here..lovely creatures panda bears.
Slacko puppy linux 64bit.
Pale moon 27.9.0

laozi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread postby laozi » Tue, 17 Apr 2018, 18:31

Moonraker wrote:works just fine here..lovely creatures panda bears.

+1 :thumbup:

Goodydino
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread postby Goodydino » Tue, 17 Apr 2018, 18:43

I just tried it with media autoplay enabled. It works that way. I did not have to do that with SeaMonkey. How does that happen?

Pale Moon Rising
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread postby Pale Moon Rising » Wed, 18 Apr 2018, 05:13

Works great for me.

In regards to the pref media.autoplay.enabled -- "true" is the default value (which is what I have) for this pref --- so you must have changed this value to "false" at some point.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN7(64-bit) | I3 CPU, 2.53 GHz, 4G RAM

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers

Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pale Moon Rising
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread postby Pale Moon Rising » Wed, 18 Apr 2018, 05:25

Tried setting media.autoplay.enabled to "false" and the video still played without any problems. So it plays for me with either the default "true" or non-default "false" for this pref.

Keep in mind that this is a LIVE video of a Panda confinement so if the Panda is out of view of the CAM then you will not see any activity.

I've observed several times when you will not see the Panda (since it is out of the picture) so nothing is observed to be moving of course -- but eventually the Panda will reappear when once again moves into an area within the view of the CAM. Viewing it now and the Panda is fast asleep....

Note: using Pale Moon 27.9.0.

You might try this site using Pale Moon in "safe mode" to determine if an add-on might be interfering....
Last edited by Pale Moon Rising on Wed, 18 Apr 2018, 05:29, edited 2 times in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN7(64-bit) | I3 CPU, 2.53 GHz, 4G RAM

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers

Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Goodydino
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread postby Goodydino » Wed, 18 Apr 2018, 18:45

It does not matter. If I toggle media autoplay to be enabled (and I have an add-on that gives me a button), then I can see the pandas move.

Return to “General support”