Cannot create folder on remote server

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Armadillo

Cannot create folder on remote server

Unread post by Armadillo » 2018-04-17, 17:30

I have found that Pale Moon cannot create a new folder on a remote server.
When logged into our Office 365 cloud account and attempting to upload a series of image files, Office 365 reports the browser cannot create a new folder.
The details:
Windows 7 64-bit
Pale Moon 27.8.3
Office 365 OneDrive (Cloud Server)

Creating this in Windows 7
Create a master folder, under the master folder create several sub-folders. Into each respective sub-folder save photo image files.
This works well with I E, Chrome, and FireFox.
With any of the above three web browsers:
Click the upload folder icon, then navigate on my hard drive to my images folders, select the new master folder and upload all files and folders.
The process at OneDrive:
OneDrive creates a new master folder from the new named folder on my hard drive.
OneDrive creates all the new sub-folders
OneDrive uploads all respective image files into the correct folders.
The entire process is completed within a few minutes.

What happens with Pale Moon:
In the OneDrive application click on the upload folder icon and after 10 - 20 minutes an error message appears on the monitor stating your web browser is not able to create folders.

Is there a technical setting I need to make that will enable Pale Moon to create folders on a remote cloud server?

Thank for any suggestions,

Michael G (Armadillo)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Cannot create folder on remote server

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-04-18, 07:11

It's not known what the issue is, exactly, and the error thrown is something that Microsoft's web application does which has no meaning for us as browser developers.
For the time being, your best bet is to use a Microsoft browser for a Microsoft service if you want 100% functionality: if you need to use the browser to manage your cloud drive at Microsoft, use MSIE or Edge.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite