[Solved] Browsing history saved in wrong folder?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
willz

[Solved] Browsing history saved in wrong folder?

Unread post by willz » 2013-01-14, 17:41

I haven't cleared my browsing history since the middle of December, 2012, so the Library window shows folders "Today", "Yesterday", "Last 7 days", "This month", and "December 2012". I recently noticed that some (but not all) of the sites I'm visiting this month (January, 2013) are still being added to the "December 2012" folder, in addition to the expected folders. Is this normal? (BTW, I'm running Windows XP SP3 and Pale Moon 12.2.)
Last edited by Moonchild on 2013-01-16, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

dark_moon

Re: Browsing history saved in wrong folder?

Unread post by dark_moon » 2013-01-14, 20:08

Why do you not using 15.3?

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2013-01-14, 23:09

No this is not normal. As far as I understand the history system the reverse should be happening - if you visit the same site again the previous visit history record should be deleted - some users complain and would rather this did not happen.

Sounds most like mild corruption/damage to places.sqlite database file in your Pale Moon Profile folder? See this mozillazine article: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Bookmarks_his ... _-_Firefox for some ideas. A few reports of Addons causing interference so may be worth seeing if problem still occurs in Safe Mode or by disabling any new/recently updated Addons?

If problems are minor you could just edit the file: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Places.sqlite

willz

Unread post by willz » 2013-01-16, 20:46

Thanks, Blacklab, for pointing me in the right direction; problem solved.