Pale Moon F11 / Full screen showing windows 7 taskbar

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Lykaios

Pale Moon F11 / Full screen showing windows 7 taskbar

Unread post by Lykaios » 2018-04-17, 07:01

When F11 pressed or watching video in full screen PM seems to be under the taskbar.
Running W7x64@1440p, DPI Custom@110 on nvidia card.
Erased profile, launched vanilla and no change.

All software is latest version: win-updates, drivers, PM.

Please help.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Pale Moon F11 / Full screen showing windows 7 taskbar

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-04-17, 21:29

Welcome to the forum Lykaios,

Are you using the Pale Moon release today (v27.9.0).

I launched a page I'm checking on in another topic involving another issue: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria/u-s-says-air-strikes-cripple-syria-chemical-weapons-program-idUSKBN1HJ0ZS?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News%29 and using full-screen mode does not appear to have this same issue you are having with the taskbar showing.
no taskbar problem on full-screen.png
Please post the specific URL you are using that has the problem so that others can test the specific video for themselves.

I am using Pale Moon 27.9.0 on Windows 7.
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-04-17, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

adisib
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by adisib » 2018-04-17, 22:19

Windows does this occasionally, with any software running fullscreen. I find that going into task manager and restarting Windows Explorer will fix it.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-04-17, 23:27

adisib wrote:Windows does this occasionally, with any software running fullscreen. I find that going into task manager and restarting Windows Explorer will fix it.
Make me wonder if just doing a computer reboot will do the job (especially a cold-boot) since things like this involving conflicts, glitches, timing etc can often get cleared up doing this as well.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Lykaios

Unread post by Lykaios » 2018-04-18, 08:33

Yes did it all: version 27.9.0, reboot (explorer.exe restarted for sure), new profile.

As you can see from pic attached, any webpage exhibits this behavior.

Also with Vivaldi, VLC, MPC, games, even iexplorer (YIKES!) all work fine in full screen mode: no taskbar overlay.

This has me stumped so this post/new topic asking for insight.
Attachments
PaleMoonF11issue.jpg
Last edited by Lykaios on 2018-04-18, 08:42, edited 3 times in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-04-18, 22:08

Maybe you have to end the explorer.exe process in TM and then do the reboot (to get it started again) rather just a reboot.