Youtube playlist randomizer site not working anymore in PM

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
newbie01

Youtube playlist randomizer site not working anymore in PM

Unread post by newbie01 » 2018-03-27, 21:33

http://youtube-playlist-randomizer.valami.info/

This used to work fine in PM, but as of late it just stops after playing 1-4 videos and the page has to be reloaded every time this happens. Possibly it is 27.8.2 that broke it, though I can't say for sure. The issue does not occur in Opera.

newbie01

Re: Youtube playlist randomizer site not working anymore in PM

Unread post by newbie01 » 2018-03-28, 23:54

I found that skipping ahead in a video makes this issue much more likely to occur. After the video is finished, the embedded Youtube player just stays on that video no matter whether play next, reshuffle etc. is clicked, only a site refresh helps. Issue still present as of 27.8.3, Win7 x64.
Last edited by newbie01 on 2018-03-28, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

newbie01

Unread post by newbie01 » 2018-04-12, 21:24

Since the aforementioned site has pretty much stopped working at all for me lately, I've been using playlists from the (poorly implemented, since 200 videos max) Youtube site itself and noticed similar issues as mentioned in the OP. After a few videos the site has to be reloaded.

Can anyone confirm the issues with playlists? Or rather, is there any interest at all in troubleshooting this...?

newbie01

Unread post by newbie01 » 2018-06-16, 10:39

Just posting this for anyone who may find this via search and has the same issue, the Youtube issues described here were caused by Adblock Latitude. I've thrown this out now for uBlock Origin and am not getting this anymore.

Weasel
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Weasel » 2018-06-18, 12:25

A message to everyone who reports bugs before even seeing if it's an extension or not.

When you find a bug, just download a portable pale moon (same version), launch it with -profile to some temporary area, and see if the bug persists with nothing else meddling with it (no configs, extensions, fresh profile, etc).

Doing this will be beneficial to both parties: you'll instantly know if an extension is the culprit, or a wrong config, so it's easier to find a solution for yourself (if any). It also saves the devs wasting time on tracking a bug that may or may not exist in the browser, but at least it's way easier to debug with more detailed info. So you're contributing without even coding anything.

I'm just a user, so this isn't speaking on behalf of the team, but I'm sure it helps.
Last edited by Weasel on 2018-06-18, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-06-18, 12:44

Weasel wrote:When you find a bug, just download a portable pale moon (same version), launch it with -profile to some temporary area, and see if the bug persists with nothing else meddling with it (no configs, extensions, fresh profile, etc)
A simpler way to test if it's an add-on issue or not is to use Safe Mode. This won't reset any configuration, though.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story