Can't play m4a in Windows 10

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
odellkevin

Can't play m4a in Windows 10

Unread post by odellkevin » 2018-03-21, 16:50

I have latest PM installed on a Win7 computer and a win10 computer. If I go to radiotunes.com in win7, music plays/stream fine. If i go there under windows 10, I get a red bar across the top that says "

Oops, it appears your browser does not support playback of m4a audio files neccessary to use our service. Please consider trying a different browser for the best playback experience.

lyceus

Re: Can't play m4a in Windows 10

Unread post by lyceus » 2018-04-15, 04:04

Had you tried to see if other applications can play m4a files (Edge, Chrome)?

The reason is that sometimes Pale Moon borrows the codec installed in windows if don't see one installed locally. A codec pack like K-lite can fix that most times.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-04-15, 19:21

Gee, perhaps you could do us all a favor and post a list of all the things we should and should not say around here. :wtf:

Were going to get to the point that no one will be willing to help anyone else anymore due to your harsh responses.
Or worse yet. They will simply leave. You were doing really good for a while but now your back to your old ways.

Give it a rest will ya, not every one here likes to have their ass chewed for something as simple as missing your middle int. :thumbdown:

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-04-15, 22:54

It plays normally here. Could this be the HEVC thing again? See here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17704

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2018-04-19, 04:59

Off-topic:
Thehandyman1957 wrote:Gee, perhaps you could do us all a favor and post a list of all the things we should and should not say around here. :wtf:

Were going to get to the point that no one will be willing to help anyone else anymore due to your harsh responses.
Or worse yet. They will simply leave. You were doing really good for a while but now your back to your old ways.

Give it a rest will ya, not every one here likes to have their ass chewed for something as simple as missing your middle int. :thumbdown:
It the official troll of this place and has a vendetta against me. Forget the incident please.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-04-19, 09:00

Off-topic:
I am not a troll.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-04-19, 10:22, edited 17 times in total.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2018-04-21, 02:55

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
Off-topic:
I am not a troll.
You chase my posts too see what I write and say to others that I am an ignorant and ignore my tips *without quote me so I cannot get the notice*. This is your dirty and coward way to act. For me you are a troll that need to get a life.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-04-21, 12:42

Off-topic:
I read every new post on the forum that comes in and have done so since 2013.

You're not special.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-04-21, 12:46, edited 3 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-04-21, 13:33

lyceus wrote:You chase my posts too see what I write and say to others that I am an ignorant and ignore my tips *without quote me so I cannot get the notice*. This is your dirty and coward way to act. For me you are a troll that need to get a life.
Work it out like adults in private, or take your strife somewhere else please.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite