Suggestion of username undesirable Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
jdda3

Suggestion of username undesirable

Unread post by jdda3 » 2018-03-20, 16:02

Dear forum members,

I would like Pale Moon to not suggest usernames on a website for which it does not remember passwords (it has been added to Exceptions under Security>Passwords). The browser has also been instructed to "forget" the website in question and the relevant history has been deleted, but the username does not seem to disappear. Do you know whether this is possible? Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Suggestion of username undesirable

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-03-20, 17:40

You probably want to switch off search and form history in privacy settings.

Preferences -> Privacy -> Select "Use custom settings for history" in the drop-down -> uncheck "Remember search and form history"
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-03-20, 17:40, edited 2 times in total.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

jdda3

Re: Suggestion of username undesirable

Unread post by jdda3 » 2018-03-20, 19:22

Moonchild wrote:Select "Use custom settings for history" in the drop-down -> uncheck "Remember search and form history"
Thank you very much, Moonchild! It worked. It had not occurred to me to use the drop-down, for some reason. My problem has been solved.