All youtube downloader addons simotaneously stopped working after update

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
LegitimateGrapes

All youtube downloader addons simotaneously stopped working after update

Unread post by LegitimateGrapes » 2018-03-19, 05:42

Because my youtube downloader plugins stopped working the moment I upgraded to 27.8.1, I am not sure if it's because of youtube algorithm change or Palemoon changes.

So I went online and tried several web youtube downloaders that don't seem to have updated their sites for over a year, and they are still working fine.

Not sure if any changes in the Palemoon could have affected plugins or what not. This only happens with Youtube, Flashgot still works on other sites.

Fedor2

Re: All youtube downloader addons simotaneously stopped working after update

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2018-03-19, 06:49

Does your falshgot got broken or this is other addon, found that youtube audio and video downloader abandoned now but good works with other downloaders, leaks to thecloudapi.com seems abandoned too, but that code with thecloudapi.com easy to remove, addon is still good

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2018-03-19, 07:40

This is a side effect of Google flagging Pale Moon as a "risk security". I have real troubles to enter in Gmail as if I erease cookies Google think I want to hack myself, because I use Pale Moon.

Can anymore try with a UA override for Google sites? :think:

LegitimateGrapes

Unread post by LegitimateGrapes » 2018-03-19, 08:53

Fedor2 wrote:Does your falshgot got broken or this is other addon, found that youtube audio and video downloader abandoned now but good works with other downloaders, leaks to thecloudapi.com seems abandoned too, but that code with thecloudapi.com easy to remove, addon is still good
Flash got is abandoned? NOOOOO, it's the only downloader that still works wonderfully on most sites...

Yeah a lot of youtube video downloaders are just gone. One of my trusted addon even had its github and firefox pages removed.

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2018-03-19, 09:04

Not the flashgot itself but youtube downloader that works with it and now it is reinstated for webex, i use old one
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ader_webx/

heh non webex addon is no longer available.
Last edited by Fedor2 on 2018-03-19, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-03-19, 10:09

lyceus wrote:This is a side effect of Google flagging Pale Moon as a "risk security". I have real troubles to enter in Gmail as if I erease cookies Google think I want to hack myself, because I use Pale Moon.
Off-topic:
My wife has inherited one of my laptop computers and made it "her" laptop computer. Her 2013 year model laptop is loaded with 64 bit linux Mint 18.3 (Sylvia) Xfce. On it, she uses 64 bit linux Pale Moon (27.8.1). She (me) has not changed her user agent either for Gmail. She has no problem accessing her Gmail email account using linux Pale Moon.

Now, I've got three other computers. My everyday daily driver is an old 2010 year model desktop tower computer. This tower computer has 2 hard drives in it. One hard drive (the default) is loaded with 64 bit linux Mint 18.3 (Sylvia) Xfce and the other hard drive (backup) is loaded with 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1. On both the linux and windows hard drives, each has Pale Moon 27.8.1 as the default browser.

I also want to make clear I do not have a Gmail email account so there was no cookie on this tower computer for Gmail, using either 64 bit linux or 32 bit windows Pale Moon.

Yesterday (Sunday), her laptop computer was not turned on, but my daily driver desktop tower was turned on. I was updating the programs on my Windows 7 hard drive (Adobe Flash, Avast AV, etc). I had just finished and she popped in into our computer room and asked if she could use my tower computer to access her Gmail account since my computer was already running. I told her it was fine by me, but that I was using my Windows 7 hard drive. She told me that was not a problem.

She used 32 bit windows Pale Moon 27.8.1 to access her Gmail account and had no problems with Gmail and windows Pale Moon. And I have not changed the user agent for windows Pale Moon either.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2018-04-15, 03:35

Off-topic:
Night Wing wrote:She used 32 bit windows Pale Moon 27.8.1 to access her Gmail account and had no problems with Gmail and windows Pale Moon. And I have not changed the user agent for windows Pale Moon either.
I had left in the beta tester forum some screen shots of what happens in my side. The trouble that I have seems to affect people in Latin America mostly, so unless your wife come to this zone she won't see this trouble in her account. Actually leaving the cookie alone Gmail do not complain again about my "self-haking".