No longer able to login to wordpress.com

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
staff089

No longer able to login to wordpress.com

Unread post by staff089 » 2018-03-17, 11:19

Hi all,

using URL:
https://wordpress.com/log-in
I am not able to set the focus to the "Email Address or Username" field nor to enter some text there.

Tried the URL with a FF V. 57 and it works - could enter the text field.
The problem also exits on a freshly installed newest PM portable (32 Bit and 64 Bit) V. 27.8.1 .
So not a problem of an installed addon, but a general problem with wordpress its scripts and PM.
OS is Win 7.

thanks for any help.

Stef

VevendoVides
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: No longer able to login to wordpress.com

Unread post by VevendoVides » 2018-03-17, 11:47

I do have the same problems. And after trying it with IE: It doesn't work either.

So this must have something to do with internal wordpress-problems at the back-end. I'm having and had them since years. Sometimes the reader won't work, on another day you cannot send or receive Pingbacks for weeks. Today it is this Login-problem, tomorrow ...?

Give it a day and it will be probably resolved as i think.
Last edited by VevendoVides on 2018-03-17, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2018-03-17, 12:28

Throws an error in Browser Console:

Code: Select all

ReferenceError: Reflect is not defined
AFAIK, it points to:
bug #987514 - Implement ES6 Reflect
and
bug #1178932 - Implement ES6 Reflect.construct

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-17, 13:09

As Wordpress is just another example page which is using pseudo standards/drafts instead of sane, widely supported actual standdards it is currently not possible to login into Wordpress. I fear you have to use a different browser for Wordpress for the time being.

Should work in Basilisk, which features Pale Moon's upcoming new code base - so, best to use that one in the meantime for Wordpress stuff:

http://basilisk-browser.org/

VevendoVides
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by VevendoVides » 2018-03-18, 11:29

@All - You can stay with PaleMoon while using Wordpress. As i saied above, the Back-End sometimes making Problems (i mention the WP, not PM). So, as assumed, everythings working fine again. Have a nice (and not so cold) Sunday everybody.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-18, 11:48

VevendoVides wrote:@All - You can stay with PaleMoon while using Wordpress. As i saied above, the Back-End sometimes making Problems (i mention the WP, not PM). So, as assumed, everythings working fine again. Have a nice (and not so cold) Sunday everybody.
Oh, that will be a relieve for all the people who are using Wordpress ;)

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-18, 18:48

Me? I simply dropped wordpress from my sites along with everything else not written by me..