Sudden problem with Wordpress

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
TheGreyPiper

Sudden problem with Wordpress

Unread post by TheGreyPiper » 2018-03-17, 02:37

I maintain 2 Wordpress sites. Earlier this evening I checked both and had no problems. I went back a bit later and when I hit the link for the admin/edit/etc. pages, it comes up a blank page on both -- just the Pale Moon logo. I'm using the latest update, 27.8.1, 32b. (W7/64) I can get to the admin pages fine with Iron and FF. I tried a couple of the hints regarding previous similar issues, such as disabling the antivirus and Adblock Latitude but no joy. Any ideas?

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Sudden problem with Wordpress

Unread post by adesh » 2018-03-17, 12:09

More information required. Site links? Any errors in console?
[IMPORTANT!] Information to include when asking for support

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-17, 13:02

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18627

See here, which is also partly related, as it is currently not possible to login into Wordpress because of Wordpress using latest so called pseudo standards and drafts ecmascript wise instead of widely supported normal sane standards.. I fear you have to use a different browser for Wordpress for the time being.

Should work in Basilisk, which features Pale Moon's upcoming new code base - so, best to use that one in the meantime for Wordpress stuff:

http://basilisk-browser.org/
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-03-17, 13:07, edited 3 times in total.

TheGreyPiper

Unread post by TheGreyPiper » 2018-03-20, 23:53

Hello -- whatever the issue was it seemed to resolve itself after a day.