open to the speed-dial or the fast-dial page

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
extra_D_string
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

open to the speed-dial or the fast-dial page

Unread post by extra_D_string » 2018-03-14, 10:08

That's what I want to make Pale Moon do. I also want to be able to make this speed dial (Fast Dial, extension for Pale Moon) as a home page, to be able to reach it through the Home Page button of the tool bar. Either one of these or the other if not both.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: open to the speed-dial or the fast-dial page

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-03-14, 20:06

In Preferences>General tab (via "Tools" in main menu or the Pale Moon blue button) enter in the "Home Page" text box the values: 1) chrome://speeddial/content/speeddial.xul and/or 2) chrome://fastdial/content/fastdial.html --- if you want both pages to open (in separate tabs of course) then enter both divided by the | character. You will also want to set the "When Pale Moon starts" setting above "Home Page" to "Show my home page".
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: open to the speed-dial or the fast-dial page

Unread post by riiis » 2018-03-14, 20:48

extra_D_string wrote:I also want to be able to make [the] Fast Dial extension for Pale Moon as a home page, to be able to reach it through the Home Page button of the tool bar.
To make Fast Dial Visual Bookmarks your home page, enter "chrome://quickdial-tool/content/fastdial.html" as "Home Page" in the General pane of Pale Moon Preferences. Alternatively, click "Use Current Page(s)" as home page(s), in the General pane of Pale Moon Preferences, when the Fast Dial page is open. You will then be able to use the home page toolbar button, or the Fast Dial toolbar button, at any time, to open Fast Dial.