Question about updates

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tlaloc77
Moon lover
Moon lover

Question about updates

Unread post by tlaloc77 » 2018-03-14, 09:41

I have set the update policy to "Download updates but let me decide ..." I'm still using 27.7.2 but now Palemoon is nagging me (the 2nd time within 2 hours today) about that it cannot update.

Why is that?
It shouldn't try to update. It also can't (likely) because I use it as a non-privileged user all day long.
Do I need to do anything else?

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Question about updates

Unread post by loxodont » 2018-03-14, 12:01

Well, that's the option you choose:
"Check for updates but let me decide..." - it checks for an update and asks for decision.

If you want to update manually, without notifications, just check the "Never..." option.

tlaloc77
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Question about updates

Unread post by tlaloc77 » 2018-03-16, 10:36

loxodont wrote:Well, that's the option you choose:
"Check for updates but let me decide..." - it checks for an update and asks for decision.
It seems that it informs me that it cannot update because of permissions, instead of just telling me that there's an update available.
loxodont wrote:If you want to update manually, without notifications, just check the "Never..." option.
That's not exactly what I want but it seems nearer to what I want. Thank you!
Last edited by tlaloc77 on 2018-03-16, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.