Win10 Hewlett Packard AMD Notebook Crash

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
us66mo
Moonbather
Moonbather

Win10 Hewlett Packard AMD Notebook Crash

Unread post by us66mo » 2018-02-22, 00:17

After installing Pale Moon on both my AMD desktops (Windows 7 Pro operating system) and using Pale Moon as my default browser, I cannot get Pale Moon to work on my HP ProBook (AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 8 GB Ram, 64-Bit, x64-based processor). The ProBook is running Windows 10 Pro.

I have tried installing both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions (both are the latest Version 27.7.2), and after installing and starting Pale Moon, the program loads its introductory tabs and then crashes, either when trying to load a website or after exiting once and then restarting the program. It appears to restart then in safe mode and stays on until you restart it in normal mode, then it crashes again.

Any idea what I need to adjust?

Thanks from Bonn, Germany!

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Win10 Hewlett Packard AMD Notebook Crash

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-02-22, 01:39

us66mo wrote:It appears to restart then in safe mode and stays on until you restart it in normal mode, then it crashes again.

If the crashing stops in Safe mode, see if turning off Hardware Acceleration solves the problem.
(Preferences > Advanced > General tab > Browsing, uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available").

If that doesn't fix it, disable all your extensions manually, then re-enable them one-by-one to see which is causing problems.

us66mo
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Win10 Hewlett Packard AMD Notebook Crash

Unread post by us66mo » 2018-02-22, 13:30

@ coffeebreak:

Thanks, the hardware acceleration seemed to be the problem, PM loads ok now. Since I had just installed PM, there weren't any add-ons active, so an add-on could not have been the problem. I will monitor this and report back if add-ons work ok.