Add jumpListCache Cleaning?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
dallas7

Add jumpListCache Cleaning?

Unread post by dallas7 » 2012-12-29, 20:10

PMx64 Portable 15.3.2 - Win7hpSP1x64

Once merely an annoyance, it is now possible for the jumpListCache folder to fill up with 100's of .ico files after just a half hour or so of surfing news and media sites with one's morning coffee.

Since I run portable, I've added the \User\Palemoon\Profiles\Default\jumpListCache path to CCleaner's Include list. I can run it at any given point in time while surfing and it will always find dozens to 100's of files. The record so far... 368 - within about 90 minutes of a previous cleaning. (FYI: Piriform added Jumplist Cache cleaning to CCleaner in November 2011; not workable with PMx64 Portable, tho.)

Can you add "jumpListCache" to Settings for Clearing History, Menu > Tools > Clear Recent History... and Ctrl+Shift+Del?

My efforts to find a way defeat this behavior via an about:config preference or some other method eludes me. Maybe it's something simple I'm too dense to find?? The only search results of any relevance have been a 10-month old, and dead, Bugzilla posting (#724423) and a batch file tip for on-demand deletion of the folder contents.

Thank you and... :!: HAPPY NEW YEAR :!:

Soldier1st

Re: Add jumpListCache Cleaning?

Unread post by Soldier1st » 2013-01-16, 20:36

Is that jumplistcache causing any issues. if not i'd not worry about it.

dallas7

Re: Add jumpListCache Cleaning?

Unread post by dallas7 » 2013-02-07, 01:12

Well, I'm not you. ;)

So maybe in v19 or v20...

I think I should have instead posted this up in Suggestions/feature Requests. Which is what I'll do.

@forum Moderator: feel free to delete this thread. Thank you!