All text in gmail and google search results, etc show as italics

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
bofis

All text in gmail and google search results, etc show as italics

Unread post by bofis » 2018-02-20, 17:19

Hi, this is a new issue, maybe has to do with the build of Windows 10 I'm using along with Pale Moon 27.7.2, but ALL text in gmail, google search results, Facebook posts, and Feedly show up as italics suddenly. Also text in text boxes across websites that aren't this forum show me as typing in italics, even if I'm not. These are pages and areas that never showed like this, but every single line is italics and it's kind of hard to read/annoying since I don't know how to fix it now either. Text shows up properly in Chrome :-\
Last edited by bofis on 2018-02-20, 18:01, edited 3 times in total.

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: All text in gmail and google search results, etc show as italics

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-02-20, 22:59

In case an add-on is doing it, try restarting in Safe Mode, and if that fixes it, restart and re-enable add-ons one at a time, restarting after re-enabling each, to see which one was causing the problem.

If it's not an add-on, try with a new profile. If that fixes it, you can save your tabs as bookmarks, export and import your bookmarks and tabs, and copy your add-ons to your new profile.

You could also try re-installing Pale Moon.

CraigPD
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by CraigPD » 2018-02-20, 23:42

bofis wrote:Hi, this is a new issue, maybe has to do with the build of Windows 10 I'm using along with Pale Moon 27.7.2
It is/was build 17083. After updating to 17093, and now on 17101 (insider preview), the gmail italics problem in Pale Moon is resolved w/o profile or add-on modifications which made no difference when troubleshooting several weeks ago.

bofis

Unread post by bofis » 2018-02-21, 17:19

CraigPD wrote:
bofis wrote:Hi, this is a new issue, maybe has to do with the build of Windows 10 I'm using along with Pale Moon 27.7.2
It is/was build 17083. After updating to 17093, and now on 17101 (insider preview), the gmail italics problem in Pale Moon is resolved w/o profile or add-on modifications which made no difference when troubleshooting several weeks ago.
Thank you! I'm actually on build 17025, but now I want to trigger an update to get beyond that to 17101 or other newer builds that fix this kind of annoying issue.

Update: interestingly I was able to correct the issue without updating Windows yet, I went to Font Settings and clicked the "Restore default font settings" and then re-started Pale Moon and it seems fine again. Perhaps a few of those insider previews corrupted or messed up the system fonts?
Last edited by bofis on 2018-02-21, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

CraigPD
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by CraigPD » 2018-02-21, 18:17

bofis wrote:Update: interestingly I was able to correct the issue without updating Windows yet, I went to Font Settings and clicked the "Restore default font settings" and then re-started Pale Moon and it seems fine again. Perhaps a few of those insider previews corrupted or messed up the system fonts?
Congrats! You're undoubtedly correct. I assumed the OS was the culprit but didn't dig deep enough to discover that solution.