Server not found

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
jasjas

Server not found

Unread post by jasjas » 2018-02-19, 11:54

Hello:
I am becoming very dismayed by endless "Server not found" errors with Pale Moon. If I switch immediately to any other browser, there is no problem connecting and if I immediately re-start PM, also, no problems. So, the server is find-able in reality and my internet connection and DNS settings appear fine. No other browser of the ~4 I use shows this problem unless there is a hard (and obvious) connection issue. Sometimes it seems that after some time the connection is made with no browser re-start even. PM Version: 27.7.2.

jas

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Server not found

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-02-19, 13:21

Please provide links to the sites where this has happened.

jasjas

Unread post by jasjas » 2018-02-19, 13:43

I can see no pattern to the sites involved, which are many and various, as this has been happening for a few weeks, but they include:
https://forum.palemoon.org
google.com
telegraph.co.uk

Thanks for reply.

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2018-02-19, 13:47

VTel (Springfield, Vt.) had this problem and I had to change the DNS server! (It's either VTel's DNS server having issues or the router DNS is knackered) (At least it was suspected to be the Actiontec V1000H router, but I don't remember which router, as it may have also occurred on a Pace 5168N (?) router.)

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-02-19, 14:13

If it were a router or DNS problem then i would expect no browsers to function correctly.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

jasjas

Unread post by jasjas » 2018-02-19, 15:31

Just to add that, when PM is in this mood, it refuses to connect to any site (out of about five that I have just tried, ranging from Google to BBC to YouTube). The only extensions I have for this PM trial is Personas Plus and Tab Mix Plus. File-Restart never fails to fix the problem.