Error when opening a page after login

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
xenarulz
Moongazer
Moongazer

Error when opening a page after login

Unread post by xenarulz » 2018-02-18, 09:34

Hello, I have a problem that's difficult to explain.
Basically, my employer has a outlook express-based webmail for its employees and we can access it from any place.
I tried today for the first time with Pale Moon but after I logged in, the page where I usually see the incoming mail didn't open. Instead, I got a message that it wouldn't be opened because it wasn't possible to verify the authenticity of the data coming from it.
I tried with Firefox and it opened immediately.
What could be the problem? Some certificate I should import in PM?
If there is something more I can do to identify the issue let me know, but I cannot give you the login data to try to replicate it... :roll:
Thanks!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Error when opening a page after login

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-02-18, 11:15

It would help if you provide the exact error message you get.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-02-18, 16:21

To reiterate - the "exact error message you get" would be helpful because I'm assuming you are trying this at your work-place. On that point, have you tried doing the same thing at home, that is accessing the mail at home using Pale Moon? I'm thinking that there may be some security software (Firewall of some kind) at work that could be interfering.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

xenarulz
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by xenarulz » 2018-02-19, 17:29

Pale Moon Rising wrote:To reiterate - the "exact error message you get" would be helpful because I'm assuming you are trying this at your work-place. On that point, have you tried doing the same thing at home, that is accessing the mail at home using Pale Moon? I'm thinking that there may be some security software (Firewall of some kind) at work that could be interfering.
I tried only at home, because at work we have preinstalled sw and I can't installe Pale Moon.
The exact message is (translated):

Secure connection failed
The connection with ..... was interrupted while page was loading
The page you're trying to view cannot be shown because it is not possible to verify the authenticity of the received data.
Contact the website owner to inform him of the problem.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-02-19, 20:28

xenarulz wrote:Secure connection failed
The connection with ..... was interrupted while page was loading
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6262
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

xenarulz
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by xenarulz » 2018-02-23, 11:41

Thanks. Solution 2 solved it. I informed the server admins but I have little hope.
Question: the workaround says

IMPORTANT for Pale Moon 27.2 and later: You must also allow unrestricted fallback to weak ciphers for the site: find security.tls.insecure_fallback_hosts and double-click it, then add the hostname of the site you want to connect to (e.g. www.insecurebank.com) to that preference. You can add multiple sites if needed, separated by a comma (e.g. www.insecurebank.com,www.anotherbadsite.com)

It works even without doing this thing, why is it important to do it? What is it for? (I ask only because I want to learn, not to question what is being said)