viewing stored passwords.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
chucky333

viewing stored passwords.

Unread post by chucky333 » 2018-02-15, 13:49

Does Pale moon ,like Firefox for you to to view and amend your saved passwords and if so how to get to it please.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: viewing stored passwords.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-02-15, 14:49

View, yes, amend/edit, no.

Preferences -> Security -> button "Saved Passwords..." -> button "Show Passwords"
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2018-02-15, 16:51

I happily use an add-on "Saved Password Editor" which allows editing and search.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2018-02-18, 02:47

Lucio Chiappetti wrote:I happily use an add-on "Saved Password Editor" which allows editing and search.
Which release (version) do you use? I was unable to install it, even with Moon Tester Tool.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-02-18, 03:32

Apparently the release note for Saved Password Editor 2.10.4 directs non-Firefox users to the developer's "classic" fork: Classic Password Editor:
Added notice that non-Firefox users should switch to Classic Password Editor.

It's listed on APMO: https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/classic-password-editor/
(and on AMO for SeaMonkey (1) and Thunderbird (2).

xenarulz
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by xenarulz » 2018-02-18, 09:40

Talking about passwords, is it possible to protect the saved passwords with a master password?
And if I wanted to not save the user informations on a site or another (not the psw, the login) how could I do it? Ideally, I wish to choose on which sites to autosave it and on which ones (let's say online banking) not save anything at all.

spinme

Unread post by spinme » 2018-02-20, 04:34

xenarulz,
Talking about passwords, is it possible to protect the saved passwords with a master password?
Preferences -> Security -> tickbox "Use a master password"

Re: Password autosave = No. Use popup!
Main - 1/Remember Password
Dropdown - 2/Never Remember Password for This Site - 3/Not Now
Last edited by spinme on 2018-02-20, 04:49, edited 1 time in total.