specific website hangs

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
MikeyR5

specific website hangs

Unread post by MikeyR5 » 2018-02-15, 00:13

I spend a lot of time on AmericanThinker and The Last Refuge (aka conservative treehouse), both reading and posting in comments. Without fail, within an hour, PM starts going into 'not responding' mode, going in and out. (mostly out) Don't know if it's germane, but AT uses Disqus, CTH uses *$&$@+^* WordPress. (yeah, I don't like it!)
Running Winders 7 Professional, 32-bit, 4 gigs ram, latest version Pale Moon.
I usually wind up having to give up and reboot to start over. Maddening, because WordPress takes up to an hour to log back in on. When I click 'restart', I ALWAYS get an 'App still open' msg, but can't figure out how to find out what's still hanging on. (Any advice there?)
This is getting really frustrating, and only seems to happen on those two sites. Is it possible something in their coding is conflicting with PM? Or vice-versa? Any help GREATLY appreciated! Thank you..............Mike
P.S. I forgot to add - I have not knowingly or deliberately used any add-ons or similar for Pale Moon.
Last edited by MikeyR5 on 2018-02-15, 00:32, edited 2 times in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: specific website hangs

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-02-17, 16:29

I seem to be able to navigate both sites that you have mentioned without any problems.

All I've done is opened articles (have not posted comments).

Does this issue you have involve just reading articles or does it involve posting comments?

I notice that American Thinker has a log-in, is this necessary to cause the problem you have (because I am not doing a log-in on the site)?

If I wait an hour and return to either site would this be enough to cause the issue you have?

I'm running Window7, 4 GB memory using most recent Pale Moon version same as you.

Can you provide more details as far as what it is that you are specifically doing and is this problem consistent?

Have you tried testing these two sites using Pale Moon in Safe Mode?
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-02-17, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: specific website hangs

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-02-17, 16:58

FOLLOWUP: I noticed your reference to "WordPress".

I'm assuming that this is a necessary process to post comments perhaps. I don't happen to have a "WordPress" process running.

If this issue persists (and you have mentioned long delays logging into this "WordPress") --- it sounds like it's possible that the "WordPress" executable has become corrupted.

You could first try removing all cookies for these two sites and then test the sites. If that does not help you could try removing "WordPress". I presume that if "WordPress" is required for either site then it will get added again.

Either clearing the site cookies (first step) and then test or removing "WordPress" might help you out. ;)
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising