Can't print from Pale Moon unless running as administrator

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
graveller39

Can't print from Pale Moon unless running as administrator

Unread post by graveller39 » 2018-02-14, 18:30

Until yesterday, I could print from Pale Moon; now I can only print if I'm running the program as administrator. Coincidentally, I've got the same problem with Firefox, while Google Chrome prints fine. Anyone know what could cause this?

I'm using Pale Moon (32bit) 27.7.2 & Firefox (64bit) 52.6.0 with Windows 10 Home (x64 Build 16299.125) and printing to a wireless HP ENVY 5530 printer.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Can't print from Pale Moon unless running as administrator

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-02-17, 20:18

Have you either added or made changes to an AV Security program just prior to when this started?

Have you tried a reboot?
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-02-17, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising