angular.io

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tired_eyes

angular.io

Unread post by tired_eyes » 2018-01-30, 15:06

Win7 x64/Linux x64
PM 27.7.1
URL: https://angular.io/

Shows blank page only

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: angular.io

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2018-01-30, 15:23

Confirmed on a windows 8.1 (x64) PM 27.7.1 (x64) also.
Link working on Slimjet

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2018-01-30, 15:36

set

Code: Select all

javascript.options.strict = true
- et voilà!

tired_eyes

Unread post by tired_eyes » 2018-01-30, 16:43

jars_ could you elaborate what exactly does this option do?

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2018-01-30, 17:03

Strict mode - JavaScript
This site, like some others, is completely written on JS. In the scripts of this site, there is an indication of a strict mode
В скриптах этого сайта , стоит указание на строгий режим

Code: Select all

https://angular.io/main.579e733255738eda4ef4.bundle.js
I do not know the reason, but we can assume that PM does not handle this instruction correctly. But this setting forced PM to use "strict mode" JS.
Причину я не знаю, но можно предположить что PM неправильно обрабатывает это указание. И настройка принудительно включает строгий режим в обработке JS

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-01-30, 18:16

jars_ wrote:but we can assume that PM does not handle this instruction correctly.
Pale moon handles it just fine, as long as it's properly placed in the preamble, as well as the actual scripting including the statement where needed -- otherwise quirks/sloppy mode is used which will behave slightly differently.
Angular is a terrible framework though. It doesn't work half the time and the authors don't care about web client compatibility.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2018-01-30, 18:25

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2018-01-30, 18:46

Ok, understood. I was also a little bit confused, when I saw that every(almost) function has "use strict".
I do not know much about JS and thought that you should specify "use strict" at the beginning once and that's enough. And here it is ... :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-01-30, 19:20

Pushlog is pointless, because angular is not interested in providing any sort of web client stability -- what pushlog you get that provides exactly the feature set they want to use today may be different tomorrow.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-01-30, 19:22

What most likely happens here is that enforcing strict mode makes something in their script fail that passes in sloppy mode, so the required feature set changes and we satisfy what they require then. It's just nothing that we can rely on to target.

tired_eyes

Unread post by tired_eyes » 2018-01-30, 19:31

Strict mode - JavaScript
This site, like some others, is completely written on JS. In the scripts of this site, there is an indication of a strict mode
Thanks. I know what is strict mode in JS, but this is new to me that Palemoon can enable or disable it browser-wide. I was sure the only way to enable it is to put "use strict" in a script itself.
Angular is a terrible framework though. It doesn't work half the time and the authors don't care about web client compatibility.
This is entirely correct! Although, in this particular case, using of "use strict" seems to be fine (at least at the first glance). It's OK to use strict-mode on per-function basis. So I think this is actually Palemoon bug.

opnarius

Unread post by opnarius » 2018-02-02, 15:03

Is there another recommended client side framework that has better cross browser support?