Some log in information missing.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
mikeswift

Some log in information missing.

Unread post by mikeswift » 2018-01-25, 13:33

I’ve never needed to post to the forum before as Pale Moon over many years hasn’t given me a problem.

I am for the past few week finding not a problem but something strange.

I am usually asked when I set up a new web site if I want to save my log in details, this has worked perfectly over the years, when I return and select log in my user name and password are automatically entered, I never do this for secure sites such as banking by the way.

This still works for some sites but others are completely blank yet when I enter my user name / e-mail the password appears and I can continue to log in, passwords are dots by the way.

This is not too much of a problem but as I have mixed up various log in’s and passwords remembering which log in goes with which site can be a problem, when I do log in the information is not saved.
I wonder if anyone could point me to where the information is stored and if I deleted it would I be asked to save it again in future?

Thanks in advance.

Lew Rockwell Fan

Re: Some log in information missing.

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2018-09-17, 22:28

Don't know if OP is still around, but since this is the better part of a year old and unanswered, I figure deserves half an answer (well, maybe a fourth) and a bump, because I stumbled on this looking for the same thing.

My fourth of an answer:
As to "where the information is stored", I can tell you it's somewhere in ~/.moonchild productions/pale moon/somepsdeudoranstring.yourprofilename/
I don't remember exactly what file or files. I think that info is on this forum somewhere. Pretty sure I remember seeing it in a thread I posted in but Search (or wetware memory) has failed me so far. I'm looking for it now, which is why I stumbled on your thread. As to "if I deleted it would I be asked to save it again in future?" - I have no idea.

This is relevant if you're on Windows:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15983&p=116119&hil ... ed#p116119

Found it:
Thanks to Walter Dnes from a post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=18644&p=137765&hil ... he#p137765

Where everything is:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... -user-data
Last edited by Lew Rockwell Fan on 2018-09-17, 23:35, edited 2 times in total.