Palemoon bug, Windows bug or a "feature"?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
BlakeyRat
Moonbather
Moonbather

Palemoon bug, Windows bug or a "feature"?

Unread post by BlakeyRat » 2018-01-21, 02:12

Latest Palemoon x64 on Windows (Win 7 and Win 10)

Start like this:

Go to YouTube or any place that has videos. Play a video and make the video full screen. Exit from the video and now Palemoon has moved:

Not a big deal, but, WTF?

(Tried latest Firefox and it doesn't do it)

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Palemoon bug, Windows bug or a "feature"?

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-01-21, 02:29

Did the following steps to test your results and the tab remained in the same place for me using Pale Moon 27.7.1 (32-bit) on Windows 7:

Steps taken:
1) Opened YouTube in the second tab to the right of my start-page in browser (had two other tabs positioned to the right of the YouTube tab).
2) From YouTube page played a video in full-screen mode.
3) Pressed esc button to exit full-screen mode.
4) The tab for the YouTube site remained in the same place as before (second tab) to the right of my start-page.
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-01-21, 02:31, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-01-21, 04:23

Pale Moon Rising wrote:Did the following steps to test your results and the tab remained in the same place for me using Pale Moon 27.7.1 (32-bit) on Windows 7
I also did those same results as you in windows Pale Moon and also in linux Pale Moon and the tab remained in the same place. The problem is somewhere on BlakeyRat's end.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-01-21, 04:49

Perhaps he has an add-on that messes with tabs. :idea:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2018-01-21, 10:45

Is abobe flashplayer installed?

BlakeyRat
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by BlakeyRat » 2018-01-21, 13:46

dark_moon wrote:Is abobe flashplayer installed?
Flash is installed but disabled.

Only one extension installed, AdBlock Latitude.

Oh well, not a big deal, just weird.