Gifs Put A Lot of Strain On Pale Moon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
DJboutit
Banned user
Banned user

Gifs Put A Lot of Strain On Pale Moon

Unread post by DJboutit » 2018-01-15, 07:33

If I go to a page with a decent amount of gifs pale moon ram usage jumps to 2.5gb to 2.8gb ram normal ram level is 1.5gb and fan is super loud this has been happen with the newest version and they last 3 version to. Before with a lot of gifs pale moon would just crash what is up any way to stop this from happening with a lot of gifs??

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Gifs Put A Lot of Strain On Pale Moon

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-01-15, 07:42

Would you rather we go back to crashing?

Nothing can be done about this -- animated gifs (which I'm sure you're talking about) are extremely resource-intensive, and we are already doing what we can to keep that in check by checking for image visibility and the likes. There is very little more we can do.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

DJboutit
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by DJboutit » 2018-01-15, 08:22

Crashing I do not want they browser to slow down 25 times with extra high resource use and a super loud fan.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-01-15, 08:37

DJboutit wrote:Crashing I do not want they browser to slow down 25 times with extra high resource use and a super loud fan.
Then don't visit sites with tons of animated gifs all displayed at once.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-01-15, 14:36

You can try this add-on to toggle on/off animation. I'm sure there are more if you search.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda