PM and Yahoo Mail

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
MoonPower

PM and Yahoo Mail

Unread post by MoonPower » 2017-12-16, 06:48

Since Yahoo went to their new "look", Pale Moon no longer works with their email.

I was forced to "upgrade" to Yahoo's new "look" today. I had been trying to stay with the "old" Yahoo, but today a pop-up appeared on my account and wouldn't let me see my inbox until I made the switch. Now, none of the icons on Yahoo work. I can't even get to the "settings" menu because THAT icon doesn't work. I went to Yahoo's help site, but that no longer works right either!

I tried changing Yahoo back to the "classic look" via Firefox and was successful, but when I try to get to Yahoo via PM, the "new look" of Yahoo still comes up. Wutta PAIN!

If this isn't resolved, I'll have to quit using PM. How can this be fixed?

tenseys

Re: PM and Yahoo Mail

Unread post by tenseys » 2017-12-16, 07:10

I don't use Yahoo Classic Email (also known as Full Featured Email) so I have never received a forced upgrade to New Yahoo email with it. I use Yahoo Basic email which at least up to this point has not bothered me with any update/upgrade demands.

To see how it works for me I updated Yahoo Basic Email to Yahoo Classic Email then I updated that to the New Yahoo email in PM. And also for me various links like compose and settings don't work or they work inconsistently (in new profile) in the New Yahoo email. So I opened FF up and used it to downgrade down back to Yahoo Classic. Then I opened PM and PM also now shows the Yahoo Classic mail.

So downgrading as described above works for me in but perhaps with a forced upgrade it behaves differently for you though it seems weird that it would show it one way in FF and another in PM. Maybe just try refreshing the Yahoo email page in PM or clear cache and recheck? Though I suppose you may be hit with a force upgrade again.

You may want to consider this Yahoo user agent suggestion which I believe will force an option for you to be able to go back to Yahoo Classic Mail in PM. You can change the Yahoo.com user agent override in about:config.