Pale Moon cannot remember pop-up blocker exceptions

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Numko

Pale Moon cannot remember pop-up blocker exceptions

Unread post by Numko » 2017-12-12, 22:24

Forgive me if this has already been raised. I've seached and I can't find it mentioned.

I have pop-ups blocked and I added an exception (open.ac.uk) via Preferences > Content > Exceptions.

It works initially, but if I restart Pale Moon the exception has disappeared.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm using Pale Moon for Linux (version 27.6.0, 64-bit).

Thank you

tenseys

Re: Pale Moon cannot remember pop-up blocker exceptions

Unread post by tenseys » 2017-12-14, 11:36

I'm using Windows 10 and pop up exceptions for me are saved in PM and remain after restart.

This General Support forum is for Pale Moon on Windows - you should post this in the Pale Moon for Linux section.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-12-14, 14:34

Numko wrote:It works initially, but if I restart Pale Moon the exception has disappeared.

Do you clear history when you quit Pale Moon?

If so, you might check your sanitize settings to see if the Site Preferences box is ticked. (Permissions get cleared if you sanitize Site Preferences.). If it's ticked, untick it.

Numko

Unread post by Numko » 2017-12-14, 20:00

coffeebreak wrote:
Numko wrote:It works initially, but if I restart Pale Moon the exception has disappeared.

Do you clear history when you quit Pale Moon?

If so, you might check your sanitize settings to see if the Site Preferences box is ticked. (Permissions get cleared if you sanitize Site Preferences.). If it's ticked, untick it.
That was it. Thanks!