Show Downloads in Tab

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
firefoxed

Show Downloads in Tab

Unread post by firefoxed » 2017-12-11, 04:24

When moving to PM I was excited to see that there was a native port to the classic Download Manager Tweak and Downloads in Tab before it, allowing downloads to be shown in a Tab.

Over the past few days, whenever I download a file, four tabs open. Unable to contact @riiis via PM, so wondering if anyone else has the same issue -- or is using a different extension.
Thanks!

LAR Grizzly
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Show Downloads in Tab

Unread post by LAR Grizzly » 2017-12-11, 21:18

firefoxed wrote:...or is using a different extension.
I use Downloads Window. It restores the old-style downloads window of pre v4.0 Firefox.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2017-12-11, 21:42

LAR Grizzly wrote:
firefoxed wrote:...or is using a different extension.
I use Downloads Window. It restores the old-style downloads window of pre v4.0 Firefox.
If one clicks on the download arrow button, a window opens up with the prompt, "Show All Downnloads" and if you click on the prompt, then the old download window appears so the Downloads Windows extension really isn't needed.

I used to use the Downloads Window extension, but found it wasn't needed. If you want to try it out, disable your Downloads Window extension, download something and see if it meets your needs.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

firefoxed

Unread post by firefoxed » 2017-12-12, 01:05

Thank you for the tips, guys.
I have to say, though, that my old bones are used to seeing downloads in a TAB, not in a window. So that's really what I'm going for: downloads in a TAB.

I think I finally got something that seems to work for the time being.

Solution
Download Manager Tweak version 1.0.13 installed via Moon Tester Tool 1.1.4.

(If you haven't used Moon Tester Tool before, install that first. Then, after restarting, on the Add-Ons page, navigate to the Options for Moon Tester Tool. At the bottom of the options, you can select the xpi file for the add-on you want to test -- in this case, download the file for Download Manager Tweak from here.)

Other things I tried before
1. Show Downloads: Window, Tab, or Sidebar by riis but multiple new tabs are triggered with each download.
2. Download Manager Tweak version 1.1.5.1 signed (last "compatible" version). The download tab is showing, but the downloaded files don't show up in the tab.
3. Download Manager Tweak version 1.0.8.1 signed via Moon Tester Tool 1.1.4. The download tab is showing, but the downloaded files don't show up in the tab.
4. Download in Tabs. A tab opens, but the tab is empty.