Problem with mega.nz Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
GigaWatt

Problem with mega.nz

Unread post by GigaWatt » 2017-12-08, 05:54

So... what does this mean...?
Unfortunately, Palemoon has an insufficient buffer to decrypt data in the browser, and we recommend you to install the MEGA desktop app to download large files (or use Chrome)

Or is it just another "F U Pale Moon" :evil:?

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Problem with mega.nz

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-12-08, 09:31

Post the link that produces this message please. Sorry, I just noticed it in your subject line.

I get this far:
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
... So at what point do you get this message (do you need to log-in?)

What version of Pale Moon are you using?

Have you tested this using safe-mode?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2017-12-08, 10:07

do you need to log-in?
Yes.
This always happens when downloading large files, 500MB or more.If I understand correctly, it's all about storing mega.co.nz files. There, the encrypted file is first downloaded and then decrypted. Here at the first stage there is an error with a lack of buffer. So it was always with mega.co.nz in PM

GigaWatt

Unread post by GigaWatt » 2017-12-09, 00:40

Pale Moon Rising wrote:So at what point do you get this message (do you need to log-in?)
Nope. I just load the link and when I try to download the file without their download manager (unticking "Download using the MEGA desktop app for faster downloads", through the browser), the message appears.
Pale Moon Rising wrote:What version of Pale Moon are you using?
Latest, 27.6.2 x64 on Win7 x64.
Pale Moon Rising wrote:Have you tested this using safe-mode?
No. Regular mode only.

The strange thing is that this screen also loads in FF x86 on Win7 x64.

But, on the other hand Chrome x86 in Win7 x64 has no problem with mega.nz. So... how come Chrome x86 has a sufficent buffer to decrypt the file, but PM x64 doesn't :wtf:?
jars_ wrote:This always happens when downloading large files, 500MB or more.If I understand correctly, it's all about storing mega.co.nz files. There, the encrypted file is first downloaded and then decrypted. Here at the first stage there is an error with a lack of buffer. So it was always with mega.co.nz in PM
Yes, the file I'm trying to download is larger than 2GB.

It seems that mega.nz just prefers Chrome over any other browser. The same message is shown under FF x86, but not under Chrome x86 (both under Win7 x64). Haven't tested it with FF x64 though.

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2017-12-11, 16:38

Looks like mega.nz banned Pale Moon and Firefox! Possibly Edge, too!

Rich3w

Unread post by Rich3w » 2017-12-11, 21:02

RJARRRPCGP wrote:Looks like mega.nz banned Pale Moon and Firefox! Possibly Edge, too!
mega.nz still works fine.
GigaWatt wrote:So... what does this mean...?
Firefox has always had this issue with mega and Palemoon is the same. As Jars_ pointed out, for both browsers mega can't handle the download in memory.

To download files over 1GB you need to either install the mega.nz firefox extension (last working version for Palemoon is 3.14.10) or use the megasync desktop app.
The extension works fine. I've never tried the desktop app.

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2017-12-12, 01:03

Rich3w wrote:
the mega.nz firefox extension (last working version for Palemoon is 3.14.10)
Oh, an extension! I honestly didn't know that there was one for that. Cool...

kbhasi

Unread post by kbhasi » 2018-01-13, 16:15

Rich3w wrote:you need to either install the mega.nz firefox extension (last working version for Palemoon is 3.14.10)
RJARRRPCGP wrote:Oh, an extension! I honestly didn't know that there was one for that. Cool...
Unfortunately, when trying to download the extension, PM just tells me an error that it's a "WebExtension" (ugh!). The last working version of the extension that the Wayback had archived was version 3.9.2. With that, it does seem to work, although MEGA had changed their site navigation a little bit since that version of their extension was released, so I'll not be using the extension for now, and I was considering contacting them to see if they can release the last pre-WebExtensions version of their Firefox add-on for us PM users, but never really had the motivation to do so.
Screenshot_20180113_225117.png
Last edited by kbhasi on 2018-01-13, 16:19, edited 2 times in total.

Rich3w

Unread post by Rich3w » 2018-01-17, 21:24

kbhasi wrote:Unfortunately, when trying to download the extension, PM just tells me an error that it's a "WebExtension" (ugh!). The last working version of the extension that the Wayback had archived was version 3.9.2.
I've uploaded the extension version (3.14.10) I've got in case it's any use to you or anyone else.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/b2te1w
Last edited by Rich3w on 2018-01-17, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2018-01-23, 02:37

I use mega too, but do not load big file. I dont get why there a problem, what is a ridiculous need to load whole gb file into memory, thats recall me such a fellow who load whole bible into online translator and complaint about browser hangs. I fully up for all buffers being limited to sane measures.

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2018-01-23, 03:34

Fedor2 <<Because Mega encrypts all files on the sender's computer (and not on the server itself).>> answer and some links
ps. perhaps this is the most secret(secure) cloud in the world :D :think: