Gadget Problem In Firefox Variants Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Gadget Problem In Firefox Variants

Unread post by van p » 2017-11-24, 04:07

I use igHome as my home page. There's a gadget on it that displays stock and stock index quotes. It needs to access http://www.quickstockwatch.com. The gadget recently stopped working, displaying a message to the effect that the site or web can't be accessed (see image). I use Pale Moon, Waterfox, and Cyberfox. Same result in each browser, and I can't reach the website directly either, resulting in the same message. The message also displays on the gadget selection screen, even before adding it to my browser.

There's no problem using Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. The developer of the gadget downloaded Waterfox on his Mac and had no problem. He says I'm the only user reporting this problem. I'm surprised that Firefox works, given the problem exists (on my machine) only with Firefox variants. If I open IE or Edge (where it works), then it will work in my 3 browsers. After closing IE/Edge, it will work in my browsers for a short time, then stop working.

I've been using this gadget a long time, some of the browsers are up-to-date and some not, I don't think any of the profiles have been changed lately, and I haven't started using any new addons, etc., recently (and I have next to nothing in this regard anyway).

Any bright ideas (dim ones accepted too)/ guesses (good, bad, educated/not)?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
UdayQSW.PNG
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.1 x64

tenseys

Re: Gadget Problem In Firefox Variants

Unread post by tenseys » 2017-11-24, 04:53

I use Ighome.com as well and I added that gadget to my homepage and it works fine on my PM and all browsers.

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2017-11-24, 06:09

tenseys wrote:I use Ighome.com as well and I added that gadget to my homepage and it works fine on my PM and all browsers.
tenseys, thanks for responding. Further evidence that I'm the odd man out, I guess. Now if somebody can generate a clue about what suddenly became unique about my setup that caused this. I'm not a computer person, and there's zero chance I'm going to be able to figure this out.

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2017-11-24, 06:29

Here is some stuff to try --> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=216#p771

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2018-10-14, 15:03

The problem has corrected itself somehow in 2 of my browsers. In Pale Moon, the problem has partially corrected itself; maybe it'll fix all the way when I move to v28.