tab switching issue

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
moonie

tab switching issue

Unread post by moonie » 2017-11-23, 00:23

Need help with a relatively minor annoyance. Let's say I have three open tabs in Pale Moon 27.6.1 (32-bit). I try to Ctrl + Tab through all three open tabs, but am only able to access tab 1 and tab 3, and can only access tab 2 via use of the mouse. (This example is based on current problem situation.)

Thanks!

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: tab switching issue

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-11-23, 01:56

moonie wrote:Need help with a relatively minor annoyance. Let's say I have three open tabs in Pale Moon 27.6.1 (32-bit). I try to Ctrl + Tab through all three open tabs, but am only able to access tab 1 and tab 3, and can only access tab 2 via use of the mouse. (This example is based on current problem situation.)

Thanks!

Just use Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown to move through your tabs one at a time. Ctrl+PageUp is for the next tab (1, 2, 3, etc.) and Ctrl+PageDown is for the previous tab (3, 2, 1).

Alternatively, hold down Ctrl key and tap Tab (still keeping Ctrl depressed). You should see a preview of most recently used:
Image(click to enlarge)
Still holding down Ctril, use tab to go through each preview.

I find this preview to be handy, especially when I am not sure where a tab is, but you may find just using Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown to be easier! ;)
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: tab switching issue

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-11-23, 08:58

There's also Key Config that emulates Opera 12's excellent useability.
I have:
z back a page
x forward a page
1 previous tab
2 next tab
9 zoom in
3 zoom out
0 reset zoom

Together with Mouse Gestures Suite it's getting close to ProperOpera (tm)
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.