Clicking on a Sears order link in an email fails to render

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Clicking on a Sears order link in an email fails to render

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-11-21, 16:58

Only in Pale Moon does the Sears order email link fail to render.

It does render correctly in Basilisk :thumbup: .... and all other browsers I tried (IE11, Chrome, FF etc).

Here is what Pale Moon renders in SAFE-MODE (website remains greyed out as it appears PM gets hung up at a stage of rendering that other browsers can successfully get past):
PM sears webpage in safe-mode.png
Here is what Basilisk successfully renders:
sears page works in Basilisk.png
and all other browser do the same as Basilisk (render correctly). There is a stage in all browsers that renders this before it successfully renders:
sears page in Basilisk like other pages will render this before rendering okay.png
and apparently Pale Moon cannot successfully reach or get past this stage based on the Pale Moon screen-shot above which suggests Pale Moon gets stuck at that stage (doesn't display the working circle and hangs the page).

The problem is the only way for anyone to test this to confirm is to have placed a Sears order and then click on the email link for the order to open in Pale Moon (which is of course my default browser).

I am unable to provide the specific URL of the email order because it redirects to another URL that includes private information.

Hopefully someone has ordered through Sears and can confirm by clicking on the order link in the message sent by Sears regarding the order.

It is interesting that the Basilisk browser has no problem with the webpage :thumbup: ... as do all other browser as well (I know, Pale Moon is a different browser -- I get it!!!.... just saying... :think: it would be nice for my default browser, Pale Moon [browser of preference], could do as well in this case as Basilisk ;)). Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased to know Basilisk renders correctly as other browser do (so then Basilisk will be first comparison test browser from now on)... :clap:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

tenseys

Re: Clicking on a Sears order link in an email fails to render

Unread post by tenseys » 2017-11-22, 03:08

What is Basilisk? Any links at all to try this? Or a way to create this situation?

Oh nevermind on Basilisk: viewtopic.php?f=1&p=127761#p127761 cool