Can't log into Gmail

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
AkeBert

Can't log into Gmail

Unread post by AkeBert » 2017-11-19, 11:02

A question about an annoying login problem. I try to access my Gmail account but get the response that I'm not allowed to do that due to cookie settings. I tried to follow the instructions to enable cookies given in the following thread https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=2368 but the settings given there under Privacy does not seem be present in the version of Pale Moon I have installed (26.4.0) [OS=Windows 7]

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Can't log into Gmail

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-11-19, 12:50

Should work fine with the default settings, certainly does here. Perhaps you use an extension that causes this. Post your used extensions if any, especially the ad/content blocking ones.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2017-11-19, 15:54

My wife can access her Gmail email account using 32 bit windows Pale Moon 27.6.1 on her laptop computer and she can also access her Gmail email account with my desktop tower computer computer using 64 bit linux Pale Moon (27.6.1).

And she uses the default settings with her laptop and also the default settings on my desktop tower computer.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

AkeBert

Unread post by AkeBert » 2017-12-02, 09:23

It seems to have been a temporary problem, after all. Today login works properly. When thinking about it I recall the same thing has happened to me temporarily with other browsers. Perhaps it has something to do with Google monitoring if you log in with another browser than the one you normally use. I started to use Pale Moon because of FF 57 which makes some of my favorite extensions unusable :( FF57 seems also to be very unstable. On this PC which I run with Ubuntu 14.04 and Mate 1.8.2 I have now in only a couple of days experienced that FF has made my PC freeze twice so completely that the only way out has proven to literally pull the plug out of the computer. This has never happened to me with earlier versions of FF so there must be some serious bugs connected with the system overhaul. And I'm not interested in purging all my settings to see if that helps as I don't use bookmarks very much instead work with pinned tabs. The latter also means that Sessions Manager is one of my most important extensions no longer available in FF 57.