ctrl+tab preview button?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
RiskyRaccoon

ctrl+tab preview button?

Unread post by RiskyRaccoon » 2017-11-10, 11:21

Hello! I'm new to Pale Moon and I'm liking it so far.

I realize that in order to use ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab to switch between tabs is done by setting browser.ctrlTab.previews to false. However, is there a way to have a button that makes it pop up in my navigation bar? It seems like a useful feature, I just don't want it cramping my keyboard shortcut. Thanks!!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: ctrl+tab preview button?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-10, 12:16

If you look at the right of the tab bar you'll have a button that will open the tab preview pane. Please do note that this is only available when you have tab previews enabled.
tabpreviewcontrol.png
tabpreviewcontrol.png (29.59 KiB) Viewed 510 times
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: ctrl+tab preview button?

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-11-10, 16:52

Also with browser.ctrlTab.previews set to default true you get the same result as the "List all tabs" button located in the upper-right area of the tab bar by using ctrl + tab or shift+tab to navigate to the button pointed out in the screen-shot below and selecting that button "show all tabs" (in this case "74" tabs):
Click on image to enlarge
Click on image to enlarge
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising