Bookmark icon is gone Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
dark_moon

Bookmark icon is gone

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-10-21, 08:03

I dont know why, but yesterday my bookmark icon is gone and i cant restore it. Even if i reset the toolbar.
I mean this icon:

The toolbar settings only provide one bookmark icon which open the sidebar which i dont like
Funny thing is if i install this addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... rksbutton/ i can restore the icon. But not without
Why?

GMforker

Re: Bookmark icon is gone

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-10-21, 09:13

If you have the menu bar displayed - this icon cannot be seen:
1.png
2.png

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-10-21, 09:14

I never have menubar enabled

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-21, 09:25

If you right-click anywhere in the toolbar and click on "Customize..." from the context menu you can then drag the bookmark icon you have mentioned (that is missing in the toolbar) from the Customize Window to wherever you want it on the toolbar:
customize toolbar window.png
I use this bookmark icon:
bookmark icon is use.png
bookmark icon is use.png (4.73 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
which will remain visible on the toolbar even if I enable the toolbar menu (pressing F10):
I have the Menu Bar disabled (unless I press F10, which then displays the Menu Bar until the Menu Bar is used) so that the tabs lineup with the Blue Pale Moon button saving space.
I have the Menu Bar disabled (unless I press F10, which then displays the Menu Bar until the Menu Bar is used) so that the tabs lineup with the Blue Pale Moon button saving space.
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2017-10-21, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-10-21, 09:30

You can try the following options:

1)

The profile folder - xulstore.json - "bookmarks-menu-button" should be on these lines:

Code: Select all

'nav-bar': {
      'currentset': 'unified-back-forward-button,reload-button,stop-button,home-button,urlbar-container,bookmarks-menu-button,history-menu-button,downloads-button,window-controls,webrtc-status-button'
    },
    'bookmarks-menu-button': {
      'class': 'chromeclass-toolbar-additional toolbarbutton-1'
    },
2)

The profile/chrome folder - userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

#bookmarks-menu-button {
  display: block !important;
}

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-10-21, 09:34

Pale Moon Rising wrote:If you right-click anywhere in the toolbar and click on "Customize..." from the context menu
I thought it was a try 8-)

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-10-21, 12:15

Thank you a lot, GMforker!
That xulstore trick help!

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-10-22, 07:26

Strange.
Today the icon is gone again :wtf:

Edit: I got it. Its because of NoScript. I dont know why, but adding NoScript to navbar, the bookmark icon from bookmarkbar gone and i cant remove NoScript icon :o
Will report that at NoScript forum

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-10-22, 13:31

Its confirmed as NoScript bug and will be fixed in next version:
https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 564#p90564

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2017-11-14, 14:50

Thanks very much for this helpful thread dark_moon and other contributors :D ... My Bookmark icon disappeared today... which had me really puzzled! :wtf: Thanks for reporting the bug too! :thumbup:

Strange... because I've run NoScript for a long time and had no problems... and bug has still only appeared on one PC... both PCs running NoScript and with identical toolbar layouts. However I'd been playing around with adding NoScript's 'Temporarily Allow all this page' & 'Revoke Temporary Permissions' icons/buttons to both my Navigation Toolbars and must have triggered the bug somehow on one machine? :?

Like you I opened PM browser to find no Bookmarks icon on Nav Toolbar and only the other 'Bookmark Sidebar' icon sitting in the 'Customize' Icons box... and I don't like the 'Bookmarks Sidebar' option (too greedy for vert & horiz space, moves rather than overlays current open tab... but would mind it's search box option in a perfect world?).

BTW/FWIW - I also use an old version of BookmarkMenuHider Add-on (version-1.2.1-signed.1-signed) to further simplify the Bookmark options at head of list... Add-on still works and saves writing more CSS. :) https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bookmarkmenuhider/versions/?page=1#version-1.2.1-signed.1-signed

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2017-11-14, 15:59

Off-topic:
Blacklab, thanks for mentioning that bookmark extension. With Firefox I was using SImple Bookmarks Menu to hide the crud in the bookmarks menu, but that doesn't work with the "early versions of FF" AKA Pale Moon. This one does just fine.
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.